Followers

Thursday, 28 May 2009

2S4U & Simon Says Challenges

It's been an absolute age since I joined in with the 2S4U challenge due to prior commitments but I was determined to participate this week. Before anyone says anything, I know that I've left to the last minute, but hey, I've done this weeks sketch ! Yeah me ! My card is also being entered into the Simon Says challenge as it fits the theme this week and for once I'm early (for me) uploading my card for their challenge.

I have flipped the 2S4U sketch on its side as I knew straight away what image I wanted to use & also that I wanted the image to be 3D. Yep, this fab bird which I have coloured with my promarkers & then cut out.


Papers: Polka Doodles "Sugar Birdies"
Image: Polka Doodle "Stampies"
Rub ons: basic Grey
Flowers: Hero Arts from Simon Says


I then made the extra paper curly bits, inking & chalking the edges. The bird originally came with one wing, so I copied the wing design and triplicated it, layering the wings on top of each other. They also got the chalk & ink treatment.



The longest part about making this card was deciding on the sentiment. There were 3 I liked but chose this Basic Grey on in the end. Just love the sentiment and it then makes my card suitable for any occasion.



The fab flowers are from Hero Arts (via Simon Says shop) & make a change from the plain Prima flowers. I know I could stamp or decorate the Prima flowers but by the time I've thought of the idea, it's usually too late! The added flourishes are also from the same Basic Grey rub on pack. I'm quite chuffed with card and was surprised how quickly it came together. I think this card may need a box to go in for sending or I'll just have to hand it over in person!

Take care everyone & many thanks for stopping by. I promise to catch up with all your blogs really soon as I've been a bit behind lately.

LuLu
x x x

12 comments:

Diana said...

OMG! Cutest birdie EVER! I love that tail!!

And I'm bad with the challenges too, I LOVE doing them, and I have a terrible time keeping up with all the ones I like...

And as far as a light box - it's HOMEMADE!! My hubby cut down some pvc pipe and I bought some cheapo material (sheer for the sides and fake vinyl for the backdrop), then a couple of clamp on work lights ($6USD each) and for about $20 - light box! I found the directions online, if you want the site, email me!

XO

Saskia said...

Lulu,

Beautiful and unique card!!! Love the birdie!!

Sweet greetings,
Saskia :)

Natalie said...

Gorgeous card Lulu, I love the birds tail. x

Lorraine A said...

Oh wow !1 What a fabby bird Lou !! I love his tail and his wing!! very clever :-)

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Challenge :-)

Lorraine x x

Kazan Clark said...

holy cow Lulu this is gorgeous! Love the detail and the dimension is fabulous! Great take on the sketch. Thanks for playing
:) Kazan

Martha said...

Wow, so cute, love the bird!!!

KimmyS said...

Gosh Lulu - that card is BRILLIANT. I am in total awe of your bird. So creative!
Thanks for playing along with us this week. I hope you get the time to play more often because I certainly would love to see more of your work

Iris said...

Wow Lou you´ve made an absolut amazing card, the idea with the bird is fab.

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Challenge.

Hugs
Iris

Maya said...

Ohhh my!
This is the cutest bird ever,Lulu!!
What a fab card,love the bright and warm colours and the bird is absolutly gorgeous!!
Hugs from Maya:)

Emma said...

Fantastic...love the birdie!
Emma x

Papertrails by a paper lover said...

what creativity you have! The bird's tail feathers are so clever! fun card!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, wonderful bird.
luv
Debby