Followers

Tuesday, 5 May 2009

Carisma Cardz Challenge plus "totally gobsmacked!"

Yep, I'm totally gobsmacked! Yesterday we spent the day watching Aaron play in a hockey tournament. I was dressed in my sub Arctic gear as I just can't quite shake this cold and although we didn't have that much rain, the day wasn't that bright. Aaron played in nine matches, the last one being the semi-finals (which unfortunately they lost) but his team played like little dynamos running up and down the pitch like "wee possessed things"! It was great to see the true team spirit in full play.

Now back to the gobsmacked thing . . . we got back home about 5ish; not bad considering we left the house at 8am! Aaron was a little flushed but we put that down to all the running around. Well an hour or so later, Aaron's face was still bright red; he said he had an almighty headache and was feeling sick! Yep, the boy got sun burnt or as the Dr pointed out this morning, wind burnt! Decided a trip to the Dr's was the best thing to do as Aaron suffers from eczema and I didn't want to put the wrong thing on his face. The poor little mite is really suffering but after applying the goo the Dr gave me, his face has calmed down considerably and he is asking for food. Definitely on the mend. Well that's a first for this family, so now will have to pack the sun cream whatever the weather to make sure that this doesn't happen again. Steve & I feel soooooooo guilty - at least we now have a valid argument for Aaron as to why we don't go on exotic holidays !!!!



I'm going to change the subject now (to ease my guilt) and show you he card I made for the Charisma Cardz Challenge which was to make a "Thank You" card. Really pleased that this was the theme as it's got me starting to make the plethora of cards I will need for the end of term . . Luke breaks up in 2 weeks because his exams officially begin!

The papers are from the "In with the Old" kit at Funky Fairy's Papercrafts and this design comes in loads of yummy colours. I have used my Serendipity Stamps called "Hydrangea" which looks a Dandelion Clock to me (!) and inked the stamp with my "Berry Rainbow" ink pad from All Night Media. Love the graduated colour on the flowers. I then punched out a semi circle from the topper so that my ribbon knot had somewhere to go . . . got this idea from a card I saw in the recent SU mini catalogue. The sentiment is a Kolette Hall stamp which I have cut up so that the 3 words can be placed in different positions.



I even decorated the inside of the card to match the front including the ribbon and punched out semi-circle. The last word from the sentiment stamp has been placed on the flower on the inside.

Off to pamper my little man and make him a cup of his "it makes me feel better drink" which to you & I is Lucozade!

Have a great Tuesday everyone and thanks for popping by,

LuLu
x x x

11 comments:

Andrea, said...

Oh this is so pretty, I love the soft colours and the flower stamp is beautiful. I'm sorry to hear about Aaron, I hope he is feeling a bit better today

Paul said...

Wow, you've certainly had a busy and eventful time. I'm suprised you've had time to make any sort of card lol.
TFS
Paul
BTW I think you could easily get into making ATCs - it's simply decorating a small piece of card (2.5 by 3.5 inches) and posting them off - EASY. My swap is very informal and friendly and you can join in as and when you want. Give it a thought, you'd be ever s welcome (I was a bit nervous the first time I posted some off but now I'm addicted to it lol)

Martha said...

Hi Lulu, thanks so much for your sweet comment on my sketch!!
I really love your cards every time! This one is also beautiful!
Good luck with Aaron!!

Maya said...

Ohhh Lulu,this is gorgeous!!
Love the image and the colours!
And so gorgeous on the inside to :)
Thank you so much for you`re lovely comment on my blog,i really appriciate it!
Hugs from Maya:)

gina said...

Awww bless, it was freezing yesterday!! hope he feels better soon
gorgeous card, I love the papers and the colour
Gina xxx

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Beautiful card Lulu and so pretty inside too, Hope your son is ok today, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Sammie said...

Oh, the hours I've spent with Ben at the hospital, on spinal boards, waiting for scans, waiting for x-rays and the inevitable stitches, plaster of Paris and neck braces... I can hardly bear to go and watch him play rugby. What's so crazy is the guilt I feel when he gets iunjured for allowing him to start the game when he was 5!!!
Love your card. That ink pad comes up trumps, doesn't it and it's a great sentiment stamp. I saw it once in a magazine, but had completely forgotten it! Thanks for bringing it back to my attention!
Hope the little man -and his mum- are soon feeling better.
Love,
Sammie

Sally said...

Fabulous card! Thank you for joining us this week at Charisma Cardz.

Emma said...

Aw hope Aaron feels better real soon...poor little fella.
Gorgeous card...love the image and colours.
Emma x

Vee said...

A really pretty card love the inside too and the colour combo.Thanks for playing with Charisma this week
xx Vee

Manna said...

This is lovely, Lulu! Love the soft pretty colours!