Followers

Sunday, 3 May 2009

Funky Fairy meets Secret Crafter

I struggled with the sketch over on the Funky Fairy Challenge blog but I can't quite put my finger on why though. Probably has something to do with the fact that I still feel "pooh" and just couldn't get the elements I wanted to use to gel together. I knew (roughly) what I wanted to do, however I sat at my desk and just faffed about. I was just about to give up when I read the theme for the Secret Crafter's challenge, "Flowers" & as I was endeavouring to make a floral vine thing, it was just the "kick up the bum" I needed to finish my card.

Anyhow, here is my card . . . .


Papers: Funky Fairy's Papercrafts "Ecclectic Lurve" kit
Chipboard vine: Basic Grey
Ribbon: Free with mag
Brads & button from stash

Hoping that it fits now with both challenges as the way my brain is at the moment, I wouldn't be surprised if I forgot something or other !

Why not pop over to both challenge blogs and join in as there are always prizes ! Everytime you join in with a "Secret Crafter" challenge, you are entered into a draw at the end of each month to win a £20.00 voucher to spend at the "Secret Crafter's" shop. At the "Funky Fairy's" challenge blog, you could win a download of your choice from the Funky Fairy shop and there are always loads of Funky Fairy freebies to use over on their Inspiration Blog. Now you haven't got an excuse to join in either of the challenges now, have you ?!?

Hope everyone is enjoying their long weekend & take care,

LuLu
x x x

14 comments:

Lorraine A said...

fabby card Lulu :-) I love the big flower and the leaves !! very funky :-)


Lorraine x x

Lesley said...

Lovely card Lou xx

Jane Carroll said...

great job

thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x

Crafting Joanne said...

Hi Lulu

Fantastic take on the sketch, fabby card.

Thanks for playing along with the FF challenge.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Joanne x

Katie-Louise Oakley said...

Hiya! This card is lovely! I love the big flower in the middle, very creative!

Thanks for your comment on my blog about the candle. You can do your own doodles on tissue, it would just be the same as stamping! Goodluck xx

my5bratz said...

great interpretation of the sketch, thanks for joining us at Funky Fairy's this week, good luck :0)

Stacey said...

This is so funky Lulu, you've made a great job. Really loving the bright colour combo ~♥~

CraftyC said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Clairex

Kim Dellow said...

That is so cool Lulu. What a fab idea. Love it. Kim

Manna said...

Awesome card, Lulu! Great colour combo!

Jill said...

beautiful card Lulu, hope your feeling better soon, thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill xx

Carole said...

Great card, lovely colours.
Carole

Emma said...

Hi Lulu
Gorgeous card, fantastic take on the sketch and love the colours.
Thanks for playing along at Funky Fairys.
Emma x

Anesha said...

Wonderful card and thanks for taking part in FF challenge.