Sunday, 10 May 2009

ICS Challenge, Card-A-Licious challenge & Flourishes Challenge

Phew, have made this weeks ICS challenge a little sooner than last weeks. Last week I uploaded my card an hour before the deadline! There was a fab sketch this week - clean simple lines so I have tried to keep my card as uncluttered ! ! ! However, had to be a bit awkward and decided to rotate the sketch ! I drew the butterfly and layered it onto white card with wire antennae. The body was made using my SU scalloped punch. I am also entering this card into the Card-A-Licious challenge which I have only just found! They wanted us to use the colours brown & pink and if you could, scallops somewhere.

Papers: Funky Fairy's "Nanna's Wallpaper"
Flowers: Prima, Mulberry & other from stash
Chipboard: Basic Grey

The next challenge I completed was for "Flourishes". I don't have any of their stamps (yet!) but love reading their blog/newsletter. They wanted us to .....

"All you need to do is put your creative hat on and join us in the "His & Hers" challenge!
Since our next release has a little bit for "him" and a little bit more for "her"
- we thought it would be fun to challenge you to use the same card or project layout to make
a "guy" card... and then a card for the gals!"

I loved this idea but wasn't sure where to start - you can never have enough men's cards. I used acetate card blanks which I made & layered the inside with Funky Fairy's "Aqualicious" papers.

Papers: Funky Fairy's "Aqualicious" kit
Stamps: SU birthday set
Coloured with Promarkers

The outside was made using the same papers. The "ladies" card has flowers from the papers which have been 3D with silicone glue. The "mans" card has birthday images from a SU set. Both cards have been stamped along the bottom, "Happy Birthday Today". I love there bright, funky feel !

Off to have a long soak in the bath to take away the smell of gloss from my nose. Got to get in quick because Steve & the boys have been fence building today, so they'll be in soon wanting to shower or bath!

Hope you had a great weekend,

LuLu
x x x

21 comments:

Diana said...

You've been busy busy! I *LOVE* the butterfly!

You are so talented!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XO,Diana

Vickilyn said...

Beautiful cards!! I love that butterfly!! (Is it made of hearts??) Thanks for the lovely comments on my blog. I was speaking to a friend the other day - who happens to be from the UK, and she had mentioned the difference for Mother's Day as well. She is married to an American in the military. Her biggest gripe - she gets to forget it twice! LOL

Thanks again!!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Lou ! How'd you find the time to do these and decorate ! :-) Love the Nana's wallpaper and what a funky name ! :-)
Lorraine x x

Fran said...

Great cards,love the butterfly!

Terrie B x said...

`WoW` LuLu these are `gorgeous` I sooo love your ICS card the butterfly is stunng!!!!
`Thanks` for joining in ...
Have a lovely week:)♥

Olena said...

Beautiful card! Love it! ~Olena~

Wendy said...

I love your pink butterfly card....it is absolutely gorgeous with all the scallops and such!

Have a great day!
Wendy
SBS9

Ivolina said...

Lovely cards. I like them all but my favorite is card with butterfly.

Andrea, said...

Oh these are fabulous I love the bright papers you have used

Martha said...

Beautiful cards, how do you do it!!!! The butterfly is great!!

Sammie said...

Way to go with that flutterby! And gorgeous use of the lovely papers. And I'm loving the acetate with its stamped sentiment on the other two cards which are bright and very chirpy. Off to check out the challenge blog cos I happened to make a pink and chocolate card over the weekend.
Hugs,
Sammie

Natalie said...

Beautiful cards Lulu. x

scrapnnMO said...

WOW and OMG that ICS card is just absolutely BREATHTAKING! Love it! Thank you so much for playing along Louise! Have a wonderful day! :)
♥Dawn♥

Manna said...

Great cards, Lulu! Love 'em all :)

Tricia said...

terrific cards here! great take on the sketch for Icsketches. I can't believe you drew such a PERFECT butterfly too! great colors

lyzzydee said...

I like the butterfly card and I don't like butterflys!!!

Maya said...

Ohhh my!
The butterfly card is awesome!!
Love it :)
Hugs from Maya:)

Jozza said...

Wow Lou, fab cards doll! I particularly adore the butterfly card. I do visit your blog often - I'm just crapiola at leaving comments! xxx

Kim Marie said...

Stunning cards, girl! Stunning!
Thinking of you and trusting the Lord is blessing your socks off!
Kim Marie

dannisdoodles said...

WOW, these are so beautiful, that butterfly, wow!

www.cardalicious.blogspot.com

Julie Koerber said...

Wow... love that bold his and hers card set! Those are both fabulous!