Followers

Sunday, 17 May 2009

ICS challenge

If you hadn't already guessed I love making note books and have loads - all for different projects etc and since I got my Bind-It-All (thanks Lana) . . . well there's no stopping me. I recently made myself another notebook to use for all my ideas for the schools up and coming "Art Week" and was busy jotting down notes in the Staff Meeting when Dee (Deputy Head) noticed my book. She is like me a consummate "to do list" person but she uses loads of paper stapled together or attached with Treasury tags. So as a treat, I thought I would make her a notebook and I used the ICS sketch as my inspiration.

I have probably (!) added a little bit extra to the notebook than the original sketch wanted but the notebook just needed these extras! Seriously it did ! Dee loved it as well - thankfully!


Papers: "In with the Old" from Funky Fairy
Letter stickers: Making Memories
Rub ons: 7 Gypsies
Chipboard: Basic Grey "Boxer"

I hope everyone has had a great weekend. We have spent today watching Aaron play hockey but unlike the other weekend, he was smothered in goo to ensure no wind burn this week! Just a quick trip to the emergency doctors to check out his ankle injury instead! You can't win them all!

Have a great week everyone,

Lou
x

20 comments:

Martha said...

So beautiful, love the notebook!!
Bye,
~Martha~

Anne said...

Wow what a fab notebook! I bet she loves it :)

pinky said...

This is really lovely, great gift to receive! Boys will be boys, no matter what game they play lol. Hope he is ok again soon.
Pinky

Andrea, said...

Oh this is wonderful, I love the colour combo and the big flower

scrapnnMO said...

WOW it's gorgeous Lou! Love your cutwork and color scheme! Thank you for joining us at ICS! :)
♥Dawn♥

All Pink girl said...

Wow fabulous work babe xxxx
hope you are well
Just stopping by to tell you about the exciting new Challenge blog that has just been announced, packed with fresh creative ideas, to be run by myself and Ann (madgesty loves to create). Please stop by the link below and check out the brilliant blog candy on offer and how you can become involved. See you there xxx
The Next Level.

Pinkllilac said...

Hi Lulu Beautiful note book and I love the colours.
Hugs Linda

Terrie B x said...

HI Lu Lu..
Oh What a beautiful Note Book!!ove the way you interpritate the sketch Fabulous!!!!!!!!..
Thanks for joining in with ICS sketches ..
Great to see you there!!
Have a lovely Monday :) ♥

Fink said...

What a beautiful notebook you made!

Olena said...

AWESOME card! Gorgeous colors and papers. Thanks for joing us at ICS this week!

Sammie said...

I love seeing how different everybody's interpretations of the sketches are! I can't see where you may have added anything extra tho LOL!!!
Just wanted to let you know that the Race for Life was fantastic fun and so far the cards sent me have raised slightly over £120. Thanks so much for your contribution.
Love,
Sammie

Kim Dellow said...

Hey Lulu, OI love this to bits. Kim

Manna said...

GORGEOUS!

pink lady said...

Fab notebook Lou, really pretty. Congrats on getting on the Polkadoodle challenge blog design team, can't wait until it's up and running
Take care
Shelly x

Diana said...

I *ADORE* this ! I like making journals too... I just have to remember to do so!

Sammie said...

Wow! Way to go, girl. The second batch arrived and my oh my!!! I have been drooling over your pages recently and you should have seen my face this morning!!! Thank you SOOOOOO much.
Love
Sammie x

Enfys said...

What a fab notebook, I would be stroking this instead of writing in it :)
hugs
En

Ellepiggo by Vanessa said...

Oh I love this!! Absolutely fabulous! :)

Vanessa.

Sammie said...

LOL at the thought of you grassing on Lorraine!
Our instructor's husband took the pics -so I haven't seen them yet. The lesson is tomorrow, so I'll ask her about them then!
Have a great day!
Sammie

Lorraine A said...

Oh wow what a fabulous notebook :-) I love making albums too and post it note holders etc :-) Pity it wasn't for a boy and you could have entered it in the Simon says Challenge :-) LOL !! I saw your comment, waiting for ya to take a piccy :-)

Lorraine x x :-))