Followers

Wednesday, 27 May 2009

ICS & PWC

Unfortunately I was unable to join in with the ICS challenge last week & therefore was determined to join in this week. I'm a HUGE fan of ICS (Inspirational Card Sketches) and have always found the sketches a dream to work with and this weeks one was no exception.

I have used the "scraps / left overs" to make this card and this is the theme over on the PWC (Papertake Weekly Challenge) this week. I must admit this was my New Years Resolution to use more of my scraps up and so I am grateful to PWC's for their gentle reminder! In the beginning I originally had a box full of bits which over time has increased in size. Then there was a box for each colour & now my box(es) look more like suitcases stuffed full of offcuts etc - I'm sure there is many a crafter out there who is as bad as me for hoarding precious scraps of paper/card/ribbon etc etc etc.



I have used left over bits from Polka Doodles "Sugar Birdie" papers. The flowers are also part of the same collection. A dash of doodling around the edges; ribbon & then a button tied to the ribbon with ribbon (!) & voila my card is completed. I am amazed to say that for once I have actually stuck to the ICS sketch, so pretty pleased with myself.

Back to normal for me as I have to go into school tomorrow even though its half term; loads of art prep still to do. Mind you the extra money will definitely come in handy after the garage handed me my bill today . . . don't ask!

LuLu
x x x

12 comments:

Unfading Spring said...

What a fabulous Card Lulu, love the colours and flowers.

Hugs Carol x

Sammie said...

Shouldn't have boasted about the weather here, should I? It's been miserable here today! I love this card and would love to know how you got the ribbon through the button. I tried it -once. No success and I've never tried again!!!
Yay to the FF win! Now I'll have two lots of FF papers plus the freebies!
Love this card -it's so bright and cheery and well done to you for sticking to the sketch LOL!
Love,
Sammie xxx

Terrie B x said...

Your card is `Gorgeous`LuLu
Love those fab papers...
fab use of your left overs!!!!
Thanks for joining in with ICS This week
Have a lovely ThursDay :) x

Manna said...

Fab card, Lulu! Love the fun colours! I love your style!

Martha said...

Love this card Lulu!! Beautiful!

Lana said...

How come your card ends up looking this fab with scraps?????
Hugs
Lana x

Nancy Sanders said...

very cute and sweet card.

Emma said...

So pretty...and from scraps too!!
Emma x

scrapnnMO said...

Wow it's absolutely gorgeous! Love it! Thanks so much for joining us at ICS! :)
♥Dawn♥

Fink said...

It is so pretty! What nice words you had about Dawn's sketches! Glad you got to play along!

steph said...

Aww thats fab! Love the colours! Thanks for joining us for the PTW challenge!

freddie foo foo said...

Lu, love this hun, its gorgie! Lovin' those papers hahahah! xx