Friday, 22 May 2009

Launch of the POLKA DOODLES CHALLENGE BLOG

WOW, Friday already - where has the week gone? We've been busy at school getting ready for school plays & of course, "Art Week". If any of you want to help me prep for the "event", please feel free to pop over !



Well, exciting news . . . the POLKA DOODLES Challenge Blog is now officially open for business and Nikky is offering a MEGA stash of goodies to launch the new blog and papers - over £80.00 of crafty lushness.



This weeks challenge was a sketch which I have more or less followed - I know . . . a first for me ! I decided that I would use the yummy frames in the Polka Doodles Sugar Birdie papers as my focal point. I have used the frame as a window and placed acetate behind so you can see inside the card. Loads of ribbon from my stash and a trailing flower around the frame.


The inside is decorated to match and lines up perfectly . . . you wouldn't believe the amount of perspiration (I was always taught that ladies perspire and men sweat!), that went into that part I can tell you!



Now we would really love you to join in with us and use the fab sketch as your inspiration. The really talented DT have made some fab projects for this, our first challenge - go check them all out if you don't believe me ! lol x x x

Have a great weekend everyone,


LuLu
x x x

13 comments:

Saskia said...

Hello Lulu,

Fabulous card!!! I'm really proud to be part of this GREAT DT-team!

Sweet greetings,
Saskia :)

Jozza said...

I love this card Lou. The use of acetate is great. Very clever x

Sammie said...

AaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhHH -so it was you! I saw the card and suspected who may be responsible! How do you find the time???
Make the most of your weekend!
Love,
Sammie x

Sammie said...

I'm waiting to get the piccies from the class teacher and unbelievably she doesn't do digital!!! I'll have to use my camera to photgraph the photo in order to post it when I get it! How crazy is that?
BTW If I lived closer I'd toddle on over to give you a hand with the Art Week. Pity -I feel like I'm missing out. I'm sure it's going to be oodles of fun as well as all the hard work!
Sammie x

Enfys said...

Love it Lulu, and you managed to capture it so beautifully in the photo too, difficult with acetate cards. I really like the way you echoed the frame.
luv
En x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Lulu :-) Love the frame and the flowers ! Stunningly beautiful :-)

Lorraine x x

p.s thanks for passing on my comment :-) I did leave a comment on the blog too ! :-)

Crafting Joanne said...

Gorgeous card Lou, inside as well as out, love the design and detail.

Joanne x

Andrea, said...

Fabulous card, I love the pleated ribbon and a great design

Manna said...

This is so so cool! Love all the little details! Great work as always :)

having a {me} day said...

OMG!! This is amazing and I can well believe the perspiration that went into the lining up. Thanks for letting me be a part of your fab new challenge blog. katxx

Diana said...

Ooh, this is AWESOME! I can't wait to go check out the new challenge blog... as if I don't try to keep up with enough as it is!LOL!

Things are good here, just been busy with my Mom visiting this weekend and a busy week at work last week.

Hope your weekend has been rockin'!

-d

Jana M. said...

Hey LuLu...

Beautiful card! I love the frame. That is just stunning!

Emma said...

Wow gorgeous card, I love it!
Emma x