Followers

Thursday, 7 May 2009

Papertake Weekly Challenge

Yep, you've guessed, I am still off work with Aaron so I'm getting the chance to play in a lot of the challenges this week ! Having said that, Aaron is a fab patient and hasn't got to the age yet where he can suffer from "male-i-tous"!

Anyhow loved this sketch on PWC and will definitely use this one again, especially as I am a devil for sticking loads and loads onto a card but this sketch encouraged me to keep things clear & simple - many thanks Dawny.

I have made a slider type card and saw a tutorial for something similar when blog hopping the other day. Unfortunately I can't find the blog again but I know I have saved the tutorial somewhere, so as soon as I find where (!) I will let you all know.

Front view


Pull slider to the left to reveal "Happy"


Pull slider to the right to reveal "Birthday"


The papers are from the NEW "Doodlestar" papers from Funky Fairy's Papercrafts and a "Jim, Just chillin" image from Digi Stamp Boutique. I have coloured Jim with my promarkers. He sooooooo reminds me of my Dad that I had to give him grey/white hair!

Have a great Thursday everyone,

LuLu
x x x

9 comments:

Sammie said...

Tee hee hee -I love him!!! Hope Aaron gets well soon -or maybe not if it's giving you more playtime LOL! Seriously, I hope he is ok soon.
Please would you visit my blog to see what I am doing for my birthday -and spread the word if you can.
Many thanks,
Sammie

Sammie said...

I can tell you are at home today!!! What a swift answer! Thanks so much (more than I can say) for supporting my Belly Dancing Race for Life -I don't think I'll be sharing the pics (but you never know!!!)
Please spread the word as appropriate -it is much appreciated.
Love,
Sammie x

Lorraine A said...

Fab card Lulu :-) What a brilliant idea to make this a slider card !! Wish I'd thought of doing that !!
I have to get this image too,looks like my dad though he's got more hair (not Dad)lol Yorkshire bloke flat cap 'John Smith's bitter :-)

Love it :-)
Lorraine x x

Martha said...

This is just a gorgeous, fun card!!
Love the slider!! Great idea :)
Bye,
Martha

Natalie said...

Great card Lulu, I love the slider. x

Alexandra said...

hi,
it´s a goog idea whit the slider card, i love it!

hugs
alexandra

♥ Marlou ♥ said...

hi Lulu :) this is such fun!! its a great man card {which are usually a hard thing to make :) } :) ♥

Manna said...

How clever is this!!! You have been busy, girlfriend!

steph said...

Lovely card Lulu - love how you have done the paper! Thanks for joining us for the PTW challenge!