Followers

Friday, 1 May 2009

Secret Crafter challenge

Can't believe it, a great long weekend with good weather and I have a stinking cold! My nose is soooooo sore from blowing it all the time and the lads keep moaning that the house stinks of Albos Oil. I am determined not to sit in and mope around but enjoy my weekend . . . energy depending! We have a busy weekend, so lots of sugary drinks I think - that should keep me "buzzing" around all over the place, (fingers crossed).

The challenge over at "Secret Crafter" is to make shaped cards. Now making shaped cards is something I don't normally do as I suppose I have got stuck in my own rut about the size / shape of cards I like to make, but this was a challenge too good to miss! Please bare with me as I have taken quite a few photo's as I couldn't get all the card in and I wanted to show it off the best I could.

Front view (card fully closed)


Side top view (1)


Side top view (2)


Side view


Opened card


This card I suppose could be an upside down nappy card (!) or a different-ish envelope style card (!), not sure which category it comes under? I have seen a similar tutorial for this shaped card but it was made using a complete piece of 12" x 12" paper, with lots of folds but mine was made from an A4 card and a wee bit of scoring!

The papers & word toppers are from the "Hanging Around" kit from Funky Fairy's Papercrafts which is such a "lush" and very versatile kit - ideas just flow so easily. The stickers are from Making Memories.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and enjoys their 3 days off work ! I'm off for a bath and then am going to sit in bed with the lappy for a wee bit of blog hopping and also to catch up with "Ashes to Ashes" which I missed earlier in the week.

Take care,

LuLu
x x x

15 comments:

pinky said...

Saw this over on Funky Fairys, absolutely adorable. Hope your feeling better, have a lovely weekend.
Pinky

Jill said...

wow lulu your card is stunning. Hope your cold is better soon, good luck with the DT call,thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill xx

Martha said...

Again a beautiful creation, love this!!
Hope you are feeling better soon!!

Crafting Joanne said...

Fantastic shaped card Lulu, love it. Hope your sniffles soon clear up and don't hamper your holiday weekend.

Enjoy your weekend.

Joanne x

Spyder said...

Brilliant card, love it!, get better soon!

((Lyn))

CraftyC said...

Its gorgeous Lulu, good luck with the DT and thanks for taking part in this weeks SCSC!
Clairex

Diana said...

You know how unbelievable you are, right? This is a STELLAR project. Another one for my "CASE THIS PROJECT" file!!!

Natalie said...

Lulu this is gorgeous. x

Terrie B x said...

Your card is just `gorgeous` LuLu....
Have a great
Bank Holiday weekend;)♥

Laurel said...

What an adorable card!

Emma said...

Hi Lulu
Gorgeous card...love the shape and all the details.
Hope you feel better soon and have a fab wk end.
Emma x

lyzzydee said...

Brilliant!!

Sammie said...

Oh boy -I'm speecless. This is such an incredible design!!!!
BTW would I be able to find any of your crafty articles on ebay? If so, how could I find you.
Hope you are feeling better soon and are able to enjoy a fabby bank holiday weekend.
Love,
Sammie x

All Pink girl said...

Faabulous card ,love the fold you have used ,gorgeoues ,hope you have a fab weekend hugs Dawnxxx

Manna said...

Brilliant is right! Love it!