Tuesday, 26 May 2009

Wedding card

Hi everyone,

Hope you all enjoyed your 3 day weekend; I know I did. We did a "boot sale" on Sunday and slowed cooked under the sun but it was fun. I know that there is a "credit crunch" on at the moment but some people will haggle over nothing ! Aaron set up his own table and was selling a few bits; we had already advised him not to over price things but then, not to sell them ridiculously cheaply! However the amount of people who kept coming over and trying to "bully" him into selling things for stupid prices was phenomenal. It was like they were abusing the fact that it was an 11 year old boy selling his toys. We could see that he was becoming upset so we arranged for him & a friend to go to the cinema whilst we stayed at the boot sale. What annoys me the most is that people will criticise the "young generation" for poor manners etc, when the adults he interacted with on Sunday set the worse example EVER! OK, that's off my chest now!

Whilst having a blog hop this morning looking at all the fab cards being made for the Polka Doodles challenge, I came across this challenge blog - Digital Tuesday. Now I know that there are probably loads of you that know about the blog & participate weekly, but I didn't; why I just don't know! As a fan of digital papers etc, knew I had to join in and as the theme was "wedding", even better.



I have made a non-traditional coloured wedding card. I printed out the topper twice; once onto white paper & another onto a coloured paper. I then cut out 2 different sized hearts and layered them over the original topper. The sentiment topper is from the same kit - "Just Hanging Around" from Funky Fairy's Papercrafts. Added some ribbon and made a dangled thing using beads & a charm, sewn onto a organza bow.



Have a great week everyone and I do hope the weather improves here as it is PANTS! What can I expect . . . it is Half term!


LuLu
x x x

18 comments:

Paula said...

Absolutely adorable! Love how you printed out twice for your topper...very clever! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Digital Tuesday Challenge!

Pleasantly,

Paula

Natalie said...

Stunning card Lulu. x

Anjou Krelovich said...

This is fabulous! Love the topper and the chandelier makes it so elegant!

Amy Johnson said...

What a lovely wedding card! I love the image and the charm. Thanks for playing the DTC!

Ellie said...

This is just gorgeous. I love colors you chose. And love the charm you added. Thanks so much for playing the digital tuesday challenge. Glad you found us!

Jaspere said...

Fabulous take on the challenge. I especially like how you added the hearts behind the image.

Laurel said...

Gorgeous card!

Jenny said...

Very pretty! Thanks for joining us at DTC!!!

Emma said...

Hiya Lulu
I can never understand people at the car boot sales, they drive me nuts and haggle over a few pence. Total idiots trying to bully your son...like you say kids/adults...mmmmmm!!
Really gorgeous card, I love the Just hanging around kit and fab idea what you did with the image. So pleased you found us over at DTC, thanks for joining in and hope to see you again there!! Lol
Emma x

Diana said...

Great card!!! I love your non-traditional colors :D

I have to ask, what is a "boot sale" ?? Is that an English thing?

I totally agree. Grownups are as rude as kids. People get all bent out of shape because they think I say "bad" things around my kids (such as - shut your piehole). But I think it's ok because my kids know when and where it is appropriate to say those 'bad' things.

Sammie said...

Cool colours!!! It's wonderful -completely and utterly and allover LOL!

Thanks for noticing the doodling -it was mine and the first time I'd given it a go. I was really pleased with it -I don't know why I didn't try before, but that's what the challenges are there for, n'est-ce pas?

Yes, we had a BH weekend. Dare I tell you we are enjoying beautiful weather -blue sky and sunshine, but the temperatures are cool-ish. Tho it was the food festival yesterday. The town was pedestrianised I had seared squid and then duo of salmon at a street cafe for lunch in my T-shirt and shorts. Swapping France for Guernsey is not so bad after all LOL!

So sorry about Aaron's experience. Ditto what you said about adults. I can rely on my boys to behave better in a queue and giving up their seats on the bus than most adults! Hope he made enough to save/buy something nice.

Love,
Sammie

Martha said...

just amazing, its beautiful., thank you for joining us at DTC :)

pink lady said...

Fabulous card Lulu, I love the non-traditional colour scheme and the 'dangling thing' is a nice touch !
Thank you for your words of wisdom on how children get no better as they get older, you have truly made my night lol !
Shelly x

Lorraine A said...

Lovely card Lou :-) I love the chandelier and the lovely dangly :-) Fab colour choice too, very stylish :-)

Lorraine x x

p.s it isn't compulsory for you to join the simon says one you know ha ha , I won't come after ya !! promise :-) Well not this week anyways ,,, lol

freddie foo foo said...

this is adorable hun, love it! x

Manna said...

Another jaw-dropping card, Lulu! Love it! :)

Lora said...

Wow this is beautiful!
I'm so glad you found as at the DTC. Hope you will join us again.
Hugs Lora x

Michelle Redman said...

Glad you found us at the DTC!! Awesome creation you made!! Look forward to seeing you more in future challenge. Thanks for joining us at the DTC!!