Thursday, 25 June 2009

2S4U challenge

I've had a really busy day today. We were on a school trip today to Hatfield Forest and we had the best weather ever. We were hunting for mini-beasts under rotten logs this morning and pond dipping this afternoon. The kids had great fun and we found many mini-beasts. It's a great way to cover a science activity but also remind children about how fragile nature can be if we don't look after it. Have to say though . . . I am shattered . . . mainly from being on "high alert" from the pond dipping (which was actually in a lake) where the kiddies had to climb down to the water first ! ! ! I had vision of very wet, smelly children at one stage as several of the boys really did get a little too close to the water (say no more).

Onto the sketch - I used the sketch to make my card for a very special couple who have been our neighbours for the last 18 years ! They move today and it will be really weird not seeing in the close etc. They are onto pastures new and have decided to completely up sticks and move over 100 miles away. They also have decided to leave their jobs and look for totally different kinds of employment. They were lucky and sold their house within 8 weeks and got the price they wanted for it too - not bad! So with a little tear in my eye, I wish them "GoodLuck on their new Adventure" . . .


Papers & chipboard: Basic Grey, "Sultry"
Sentiment: I typed


I have stuck to the sketch but probably have added wee bits here and there but hey, that's what the sketches are for . . . to spark our imagination. That's my reason anyhow! Off now to finish some more bits that I must get into the post today otherwise a certain person will not be happy - have already sent one parcel but couldn't get everything in!

Take care,


LuLu
x x x

7 comments:

cheryln said...

so fun! love the heart, arrow and star!

eiyiyi said...

Sorry your friends are moving so far away. I'm sure they'll love their card though. I might just consider moving if you'll send me one like that! Love it.

Unfading Spring said...

Hi Lulu, glad you had a good day today, well boys will be boys and I bet you wouldn't want them any other way.
Great card, I love those papers, had a very busy week too, but I'm making mine for 2S4Y now.

Hugs Carol xx

~Lori (loree2000 SCS) said...

Darling...the details are so fun and cute! TFP!

Kazan Clark said...

very cute - love the star and heart :)
Thanks for playing
:) Kazan

Martha said...

Beautiful card, you are so talented Lulu!!

Emma said...

Gorgeous card, love the papers and colours.
Emma x