Followers

Saturday, 6 June 2009

2S4U ultimate showdown!

Finally woken up after a long week. Ooohhh, better explain a little. I haven't just got out of bed (I seem to have lost the ability to lie in . . . I know it's a dreadful thing to admit) but my body & brain are finally working simultaneously. My poor feet are still aching & the muscles in my lower legs wouldn't look out of place on a body builder! Luckily we have decided to have a quiet weekend which is just about all I could manage at the moment.

Several of my goals this week was to join in the 2S4U sketch this week and definitely be part of their "Ultimate Showdown". If you don't know about it, check it out HERE. I needed to make a girly card for a nieces up & coming birthday and used the sketch as my inspiration. However, being me, I flipped the sketch onto its side.


Papers: Polka Doodles "Sugar Birdie" CD
Gems & ribbon from stash

I used a "Polly Polkadoodle" image as my main focal point & then added extra flowers with their gem centres.



Loving the look of the shape of this card & will definitely do this again. I cut about a 1.5cm off one edge and then placing the Polly Polkadoodle topper so that the front of the card rests on this topper - gosh I hope that makes sense but just in case in doesn't here's a photo !



Now better enter it quickly before the time runs out (last minute Minny again) & off to make my "ICS" and "Simon Says" cards before their deadline runs out!

Hope you are all having a great Saturday,

LuLu
x x x

14 comments:

Ivanka's Card Studio said...

Lovely card! Very girly.

Ivanka's Card Studio said...

Lovely card! Very girly.

Anja (scrappie) said...

This is sure girly love how you turned the sketch.

Gina said...

Gorgeous card Lulu, I love the image you have used and the colours are so bright and cheery :)
Gina xxx

pinky said...

Know that feeling oh too well Lulu! Love the card its perfectly girlie, your niece will love it.
Pinky

Saskia said...

Lovely Polly-card!!! It makes me happy!!

Sweet greetings,
Saskia :)

Latisha said...

So cute! so glad you played along

Jingle said...

Very cute! I love how playful that is!

cheryln said...

so sweet! love it!

Laura Davis said...

Darling! Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura & Kazan

Ziggyeor said...

Great job I love the summery feel. Neat idea turning it on it's side so it stands up a little.

Diana said...

Dude! Gorgeous! Your coloring and paper choices and embies are just awesome. Good Luck!!!!!

lyzzydee said...

Loving that card!!

Liz said...

Very nice card

Liz x