Followers

Wednesday, 24 June 2009

Digital Tuesday & Papertake Weekly Challenges!

Love both of the challenges from Digital Tuesday & Papertake Weekly this week for different reasons . . .

PWC wanted us to use either digital images or paper or even both . . . yep my card has both a digital paper & image on it.

and

Digital Tuesday wanted us to use up our scraps and as a terrible "keeper" of lickle bits of paper & card (well you never know when you might need them), this type of challenge is just the "kick in the bum" I need to use up those little bits.


Papers: Funky Fairy "Aqualicious" kit
Image: Funky Fairy digi image

I had 3 lickle bits of this paper remaining. 2 of the pieces didn't meet so I have made a further mat to cover where they don't join! The mat itself is an off cut from a scalloped card blank that I knew would come in handy one day (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it). I made a frame using a card off cut and have put my "Funky Fairy" image in & out of the frame! The frame has a small bit of ribbon stuck to it - I keep lickle bits of ribbon because they can always be tied onto other bits of ribbon as knots or used to thread buttons. Flowers are from my stash. The "Funky Fairy" has been coloured with my ProMarkers.

Hope my card qualifies for both challenges and now off for a long, severely overdue blog hop.

LuLu
x x x

16 comments:

eiyiyi said...

It's wonderful and I love everthing about it. Great use of those fiddly little pieces!

Crafting Joanne said...

Awww super cute card Lou and fabby layout too. Always feels good to use up some ickle scrap pieces.

Joanne x

Tip Top said...

Heheh! I can never throw away those little tiny scraps because you just never know!!!

Love the card!

pinky said...

Excellent card, such lovely scraps you have! Have a box load myself and always say I'll make atcs or something but never get round to it. lol.
Pinky

Lori said...

OH MY GOSH! What a cute card. I love the image, the paper...everything about it. Fantastic job.

Andrea, said...

Fab card, I love the image and papers. Have a good Thursday

Dawny P said...

Hi Lou. I love this - that image is just fabulous :) And those papers are gorgeous as well - I LOVE them and I am going to have to check them out for sure. Thank you for joining us at PTW. Hugs, Dawny xxxx

Anjou Krelovich said...

So sweet! Great job on the DTC challenge! Love your scraps!

Martha said...

so so cute!

Martha said...

FAB card and so cute!!
Have a nice weekend Lulu :)
Martha

Cardmaking Galore said...

Stunning card and that photo is fab too

Lora said...

Fab card. I am terrible for keeping the tiniest pieces of paper too so I was also glad of this weeks challenge lol.
Thanks for playing along at the DTC again this week.
Hugs Lora x

Emma said...

Fantastic and sooo cute!!! Gorgeous colours.
Emma x

Maria Matter said...

this is fabulous! love the image and these fun happy papers! great job!
You have a lovely blog!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Digital Tuesday Challenge!
Blessings, Maria!

Amy Johnson said...

Wow! What a fabulous card! Its just so creative, bright, colorful, and fun. Love the image too. Thanks so much for playing the DTC!

Emma said...

Sorry Lou...didn't realise your card was for the digital tuesday challenge!!! Duh...serves me right for not ready properly...
Thanks for joining us and good luck.
Emma x