Followers

Saturday, 13 June 2009

ICS and ProMarkers challenges

WOW, it has been an absolute age since I joined in the ICS challenge (well . . . actually 2 weeks ) and I desperately tried to get a card done last week but just ran out of time. Anyhow have made sure that I join in this week because I do love playing with their sketches. There was also a freebie image to use this week but I wanted to phsically play with my stamps this week but will make another card using the fab image & sentiment.


My colour inspiration for my card was from the Passion for ProMarkers challenge blog - Cinnamon & Pumpkin - unusual I first thought but have to say, loving this colour combo. I also wanted to do some stamping because I have been neglecting my stamps recently so chose this cute Tilda image which I though would suit the colour combo.


Papers: Unknown . . . they were in my "scraps" box
Stamp: Magnolia "Tilda with basket"
Flowers: Hero Arts from Simon Says
Brad: part of a RAK from Mia

I have used additional ProMarker colours - sandstone (to help highlight the hair), blush (as my main skin tone with pastel pink for the cheeks), orange (to darken areas of the flowers & Tilda's top) & henna (for the boots). Have also used my trusty white gel pen to add further highlights.



Quite pleased with my card & it was so good to stamp & colour again. I have promised my stamps not to live it so long next time.

Hope everyone is have a fab Saturday,

LuLu
x x x

30 comments:

helen said...

wow this is gorgeous , fab papers and your colouring is lovely , thanks for entering this weeks challenge at PfP
hugs
helen x

weewiccababe said...

gorgeous card Lulu, the image is coloured beautifully
thanks for joining us this week on PfP and good luck
Debbi
xx

eiyiyi said...

I love this card. the colors are scrumptious. reminds me of pumpkin pie. hmmmmm, I off now to have a snack. Great job!

Sammie said...

Love it, love it, love it! You have such an eye for colour and that ribbon and flower really complement the design. Pity you couldn't make it to "Little Shop of Horrors" -LOL! There is of course still tomorrow and Guernsey is such a lovely place! I kow how you feel -I was champing at the bit to come and get my hands dirty on your art week. I hope it was successful???
Have a great what's left of the weekend!
Love,
Sammie x

Michele said...

Fabulous card. Love the image and the great colouring. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

Caryn said...

Lovely colouring and great choice of image.
Thanks for joining in at Passion for Promarkers this week and sharing your gorgeous creation.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

The Crafty Den said...

What a gorgeous card. Love the image and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

pinky said...

And so you should be pleased, its gorgeous. Those colours do look really well together.
pinky

Dolly said...

Great card, lovely colouring to match the papers so well. Great take on the sketch.
Thanks for playing along at ICS, hope to see you again :)xx

Ida / Little said...

Gorgeous card Lulu, I really like the scalloped shape and the layout of your card and with beautiful coloring its just fab fab fab :) Thanks for joining us at PfP this week :)

Hugs Ida

Rosie (Freycob) said...

This is a fab card, your colouring is amazing!

Thanks for taking part at ICS this week.


x

Lana said...

Ooh I love this Lou . The colours you have used are so warm and Tilda looks fab
Hugs
Lana x

Regina said...

what a lovely card. love the colors you used. thanks for playing along at ICS!

Carolyn King said...

beautiful coloring!!! Love the scallops and the fun embellishments too!

Terrie B x said...

Your card is `gorgeous` LuLu..
Thanks for joining I-C-S this week :) x

Glee said...

Cute, cute, cuteness all over! I love it!

Liz Weber said...

Lulu your card is adorable. I just love the warm cozy colours you have chosen to use. Great job using another ICS!

Fink said...

Glad you could play along with us this week at ICS! What an outstanding job you did with your coloring. The colors of this card are awesome!

Natalie said...

Lulu this is a beautiful card, thanks for joining us at PFP this week, good luck. x

Martha said...

This is great and cute!! Great colouring too!!

wendipooh13 said...

sooo cute and sweet and love the scallops!!! too fun, great job with the IC sketch this week!!

Karen said...

What a gorgeous card and such a lovely colour scheme. Thanks for joining us this week at ICS.
Karen x

Suzanne said...

Lulu so pleased you could join us with you fab card this week thank you for joining us at PFP.Sue :o)

Louise Forsyth said...

Beautiful card Lulu, great colours and the colouring is awesome!!!!!

Pinkllilac said...

Hu Lulu Beautiful card and I love the papers and colours.
Hugs Linda

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card, I love the colours you have used. Have a good Monday

scrapnnMO said...

Lou we've missed you over ICS the last couple of weeks. Great to have you back and darling what gorgeous card! Love everything about it! WOW! You do gorgeous work! Thanks for joining us! Have a lovely day! ;)
♥Dawn♥

Maureen said...

wow - this is a gorgeous card!! You are such a pro at coloring...LOVE IT!!!
((()))reen

lil-paper-pixie said...

Just love this card, the image is one of my faves & you have coloured her beautifully, thanks for joining us at PFP.

Hugs

Sarah

Heather said...

I, too, am loving this color combo. Your Tilda is adorable and colored flawlessly. Thanks for joining us at ICS this week!