Monday, 29 June 2009

ICS challenge . . . just in the nick of time!

Many grovelling apologies Dawn . . . I forgot to put my card on before now . . . and I know that I am very near to closing time - whoops! I made this card on Saturday but forgot to blog it or even schedule it to appear. We were so busy with Aaron's play this weekend that I totally forgot.

Regular visitors here know that I do adore the Inspirational Card Sketches blog and participate weekly (if time doesn't run out) and this weeks sketch was a brilliant one (again). For once I have stuck to the sketch and used a fab image sent to me by Diana (cheers hun).

I cut out the large flower using a punched circle as my template. The inner scalloped circle was sent to me eons ago. I have then punched out some scalloped circles for the added bits layering them with more flowers, leaves & stamped sentiment. The leaves are also hand cut using up scraps from my scrap box. The butterfly was just added for a different focal point.


Papers: DCWV wedding stack
Image: Stamping Bella - MissMatch Ketto

I have used watercolour pencils on the Miss Match Ketto image with some added white gel pen highlights.



I am also entering this card in the Simon Says Challenge which is to make a happy card for a child and send it to either "Post Pals or "Make a Child Smile". The only downside is choosing one particular child . . . me thinks will have to make a whole load more cards to send to both charities. It's such a fab idea and enjoyed sending several cards to "Post Pals" from other blog challenges.

Hope everyone is well? I'm a little bit sad . . . my youngest Aaron is off on his schools residential trip until Friday and the house is so quiet without him. I know he'll have a good time but . . . . . . . . . . . I will miss him!

LuLu
x x x

14 comments:

eiyiyi said...

Adorable. Cute little ballerina!

Diana said...

WOWZERS! What a supercute card!!

I keep forgetting to email you and tell you thank you thank you thank you thank you for the wonderful package I got in the mail.

Regina said...

I love it. love the flowers and that image is too cute. thanks for playing along at ICS

Timcsoca said...

Very cute card Lulu! Beautiful the colors!:)

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Challenge!:)

Tímea and SSS Challenge DT

scrapnnMO said...

WOW it's beautiful Lou! Cute image and you take on the sketch is perfection! Thanks for joining us at ICS! ;)
♥Hugs, Dawn♥

Fink said...

Awesome! This is a great card!

wendipooh13 said...

glad you got your card done, it's sooo sweet and adorable!!! way to go... great job with the IC sketch this week!!!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Lulu :-) I love the image, very cute, and the papers are gorgeous too :-)

Thanks for joining our challenge for such a good cause this week ;-)
Lorraine x x

Dolly said...

Cute image, love the subtle colouring, great take on the ICsketch, thanks for playing along :)xx

Terrie B x said...

Your card is `beautiful` LuLu..
Thanks for joining in with I-C-S this week :)
Enjoy the rest of your week :) x

debby4000 said...

Lovely cute card, cute image too.
luv
Debby

Enfys said...

This is really great Lou, I did a double take when I saw the image, perfect for Kiki who has just started 'pointy toe' lessons (bellet!)
hugs
En xx

Enfys said...

This is really great Lou, I did a double take when I saw the image, perfect for Kiki who has just started 'pointy toe' lessons (bellet!)
hugs
En xx

Emma said...

Adorable and totally gorgeous. Love the image.
Emma x