Friday, 12 June 2009

Polka Doodles challenge #4

* * * Just for Lora (and her fab words of encouragement) I am also entering my bag/box thingy into the Digital Tuesday Challenge which surprise, surprise is to make a bag/box thingy ! ! ! - thanks Lora * * *


I simply can't believe it but we're on Polka Doodles challenge #4 already and Nicky (aka Freddie Foo Foo) gave us a sketch which really stretched the boundaries . . . well it got my aged brain cells working to say the least!




I decided to make a bag/box thingy this week using the sketch as my inspiration. I cut my own templates and then stuck it all together - nothing complicated there then!





I decorated the front of the box/bag thingy with the scrummy "Lulu Ladybird" papers which are also on the "Sugar Birdies" CD. I then used several Lulu Ladybird toppers on the main image to stand in front of one of the scalloped frames (which I had printed onto a green spots paper). I have also used 3 different ribbons to join the tops together. I think if I made this again, I might make handles this time round . . well any how, it would be a change.

Finally, I added my sentiment using the fab alphabet circles & a fancy flower behind Lulu's ear . . . . ummmm, do Ladybirds have ears?



We all hope that you will be able to join in with us over at Polka Doodles this week & as an incentive Nikky has designed a free paper for you all to use as part of the challenge. Check it out here.

BIG NEWS . . . . BIG NEWS . . . . BIG NEWS

We've been sitting on our hands & zipping those lips for over 2 weeks at Polka Doodles because we had some FAB NEWS but couldn't share it just yet. We all know that the CD is officially launched on the Polka Doodles shop next week & all pre-orders will be sent out then but the CD is going to have its MEGA LAUNCH on IDEAL WORLD/CREATE & CRAFT TV ! So mark off the date 2nd July on your calander - I know I have! So as you can guess, the DT have been BUSY making loads of demo's to share with you all on that day . . . I just hope you love what we have made.

Look forward to popping over to all your blogs to have a good nose at your fab creations & can't wait to see your take on the sketch.

Happy, happy, happy Friday everyone,

LuLu
x x x

13 comments:

Enfys said...

I just love your take on the challenge this week Lou, and wow, what a great sales pitch on your post for the Sugar Birdie CD, Freddie will be thrilled..
luv
En xx

Martha said...

Wow, this is just gorgeous Lulu!! You are so talented!!
Have a nice weekend :)
Martha

Jo said...

This is fabulous and such a great idea! Good luck with the CD x

Kath said...

yummylicious...Lulu...loving your box it is so cute...Big Hugs Kath xxxx

Lorraine A said...

gorgeous creation Lulu ! I just love this bag ! :-)

Lorraine x x

Natalie said...

This is gorgeous Lulu. x

eiyiyi said...

This is a wonderful creation LuLu. I just love those bugs. The bag just looks like fun!

I pre-ordered by CD today ... can't wait till it ships. Can't play this week on the challenge. My sweet little 16 month old GD is here and I'm very busy being Mamoo (my granny name). Hope to catch up next week.

Saskia said...

Lovely work!!!!

Enjoy the weekend!

Sweet greetings,
Saskia :)

Lora said...

This is fab!! I love those papers, so cheerful :)
The challenge over at Digital Tuesday Challenge this week is to make or decorate a bag or a box. I would love if you entered this one :)
Lora x

Maria Matter said...

Love this Lulu!
It's just fabulous...such a great idea!
So glad you entered it for the Digital Tuesday Challenge!
blessings, Maria

Amy Johnson said...

This is absolutely adorable! I love those ladybugs! Thanks so much for playing the DTC!

Paula said...

What an adorable bag "thingy"...love it! So glad you could join us this week at the Digital Tuesday Challenge!

Lora said...

Love this bag thingy lol.
Thank you so much for entering it into the Digital Tuesday Challenge :)
Hope you can join in again :D
Hugs Lora xx