Friday, 19 June 2009

Polka Doodles Challenge

Whoops . . . I am sooooooo useless with the scheduler thingy that I have decided to type my post out. I always get the dates the wrong way round or even the times and on one occasion I put in the wrong year!

Well this week the Polka Doodles DT we were given a really fab sketch by Nikki (Freddie Foo Foo). However Nikky decided that the DT had to follow a certain recipe as well. That meant we had to use pink & orange on our card and also 2 buttons ! For some strange reason I wanted to make a wedding card but then went aaaahhhhh because I forgot the colour combo. After a little teeth gnashing & a bit of cursing, I thought "what the heck" lets have a non-traditional wedding card! So I did!



I have printed the ever so lush "Sugar Swirlies" papers directly onto ivory pearlescent card which added an extra sheen to their design. I have then used this card to make a "stair card" as I thought I could use the different levels of the card to appear like a wedding cake . . . well in my mind that was what I envisaged.

top view


side view


I also printed 2 birdies onto pearlescent card and turned them into a bride & groom birdie. For the groom I added a top hat and a cravat (secured with 1 of my required buttons)



For the bride, I made a veil decorated with little flowers . . . which now looks more like a Native American head dress rather than a veil . . . oh well !



At the very back I cut a huge heart and then filled it off with lots of little hearts. It is then finished off with organza ribbon & my 2nd button. All the vellum stickers used are from Reminisce. We hope to see you all join in this week, so pop over to the Polka Doodles blog and see the other projects the other DT have made . . . they are all fabaroonie.

Happy Friday everyone and yippee . . . it's the weekend,

LuLu
x x x

5 comments:

Emma said...

Hi Lulu
Wow amazing card, love the shape and all the details...fantastic!!
Emma x

Lana said...

OMG Lou you certainly put so much effort in this card it is so fantastic!!!
Hugs
Lana x

Laurel said...

Oh my goodness what a fabulous card!!!

Wendy said...

Oh my gosh, could this be any cuter?? It is a non-traditional color scheme like you said, but totally works so I am glad you decided to roll with it and go ahead with the orange and pink.

{Hugs}
Wendy
SBS9

Tip Top said...

This is such a fantastic card and it must have taken ages to make!!!