Monday, 15 June 2009

Stamp Something challenge

Well I did say that I have neglected my stamps for too long & as I am off today as Aaron is unwell, I thought I'd take the opportunity whilst he is in bed to make a card for the Stamp Something Challenge. I have never entered this before but after popping over to Alex's blog, I thought I'd actually give it a go! This week they had a sketch to follow . . .



and here is my card . . .



I have used a "Gorguss Girl" stamped image (received from Diana) coloured with my Promarkers (Cinnamon & Pumpkin along with other highlighting colours) as I am really loving this colour combo from the Passion for Promarkers challenge this week.



I have used lighter shades for the background unlike my previous card for the PfP challenge (here). The background butterfly has been stamped with my SU garden set (think this is what its called) straight onto the background paper (received from Katie). The large butterfly from the same SU stamp set was first stamped on the strip & then the wings stamped again & layered. The sentiment is from my circles SU set. I finished my card off with a wee snail sneaking away in the corner . . (yep, SU again!).

Hope everyone is well and I'm off to eat something whilst Aaron is still resting . . tummy bugs are a great appetite suppressant even if you aren't the one suffering with the bug!

LuLu
x x x

22 comments:

Gina said...

Gorgeous card Lou, I just love the image, you have coloured her beautifully :)
Gina xxx

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Lulu, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and the butterfly looks stunning. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

lil-paper-pixie said...

Fantastic card, superb colouring, I love it, thanks for joining us at PFP.

Hugs

Sarah

eiyiyi said...

Another stunner. I love your cards!!!

Diana said...

This is awesome! Your coloring is great and I love the butterfly too!!

Hope kiddo gets to feeling better soon!

helen said...

what a pretty card i love the papers and the gorjuss image is beautifully coloured, thanks for joining in the fun at PfP this week
hugs
helen x

Diana said...

(If this is a double post, sorry...)

Anyhow, I love this card! Your coloring is awesome and the butterfly is adorable!

I hope kiddo is feeling better soon.

weewiccababe said...

absolutely stunning card
thanks for joining us this week at PfP and good luck
Debbi
xx

Natalie said...

Gorjuss card Lulu, thanks for entering this weeks PFP challenge, good luck. x

Michele said...

Gorgeous card Lulu. Love the image and the great colouring. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs Michele x

Pinkllilac said...

Beautiful card Lulu and love the colours. Get well soon Aaron.
Hugs Linda

Caryn said...

Just stunning, love the layout and gorgeous image. Thanks for sharing your lovley card with us at Passion For Promarkers.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Wendy said...

Beautiful card, LuLu.....love the idea of putting the image directly on a patterned paper background. And, I love the scalloped edge. So pretty!

Thanks so much for always stopping by my blog to post...it so lifts my spirits :)

Have a great day!
Wendy
SBS9

Enfys said...

Gorgeous LuLu, love those cinnamon and pumpkin colours and the butterfly is so sweet
hugs
En x

Terrie B x said...

Hi LuLu...
Your card is so elegantly `beautiful`...
Great to catch up...
Sorry:( I havent been over for ages ..had my head in the clouds!!!!!
Lots of love...
Have a lovely Tuesday :) x

Martha said...

Wow, gorgeous, cute and love the butterfly!
Have a nice day.
Martha

Ida / Little said...

Hi Lulu, this is gorgeous, love that you have stamped and added the butterflies to the DP! Love the coloring of your Gorjuss girl! Thanks for joining us at PfP this week and hope Aaron feels better :)

Hugs Ida

ella bella said...

wow this is stunning i love it, the colours and layout look so beautiful. gorgeous work
hope Aaron is feeling much better
Tracy x

Maria Gurnsey said...

This is super cute! I love what you did with the butterfly :)

Unfading Spring said...

Beautiful Card Lulu, I love the colouring and the butterfly and that cheeky little snail.

Hugs Carol x

Maya said...

Ohhh my!
This is so gorgeous!!
Love the warm and bright colours,and you have coloured the Gorjuss one to perfection!!
Hugs from Maya:)

Emma said...

Aw so gorgeous and cute...
Emma x