Followers

Monday, 8 June 2009

Thought I'd better . . .

. . . . make a "Father's Day" card as the day is looming around the corner ! I wanted to do something a little different and used a fab "Funky Fairy" digi image. However, I printed her out a wee bit bigger than I had first thought, so had to rethink my card shape. Finally decided on a stair card (think that's the correct name for them?)




Papers: Funky Fairy's "Hope" kit
Digi image: Funky Fairy
Coloured with my Promarkers

Did you notice that I have squished the corner on the mount that the "Funky Fairy" stands and can't remember how, when, why or where this happened. I have obviously made good that corner now!



I also decorated the back but forgot to take a photo - whoops - needed a place to write my message. Just hope that dadd-i-kins likes the card now - I like to remind every now & then that I was young once!

Hope everyone is well and going for my long overdue blog hop tonight. Apologies to the fab girlies over at ICS but I ran out of time this week to join in the challenge but I promise to definitely join in next week (new sketch tomorrow . . . yippee!).

Take care,

LuLu
x x x

12 comments:

Diana said...

Great Card mama! I've never tried a stair card yet. I'm wimpy wimpy and lazy lazy.

I've got to getback on the challenge wagon myself. I feel like I've been slacking off lately...

Unfading Spring said...

Great card Lulu, I'm sure your Dad will love it, it is so cute, and very clever idea.

Hugs Carol xx

Saskia said...

Beautiful card.... and so funny!!!
I love your 'style'!!

Greetings,
Saskia :)

eiyiyi said...

Love your card LuLu. I'm sure your dad will love it as well. I'm having way too much fun with these funky fairies!!!! Thank you for this new obsession, my other ones were in need of company.

eileen

pinky said...

Love your card Lulu, nice to see something a little different, that image is so cute.
Pinky

Enfys said...

I'm sure he will love it, it's such a fun card. I've never tried one of these stair cards, must have a go after seeing this...
luv
En x

Lana said...

Great card Lou and I also must try one of these cards they are super
Hugs
Lana x
My scan is on the 16th x

Martha said...

Beautiful card, love the image!!

Sonia Kertznus said...

Thank you for visiting my blog Lulu, and for your sweet comment. I am pleased you liked my card.

I looked at the cards on your 1rst page and they are AMAZINGLY CUTE! love them all...HUGS...SK :)

Andrea, said...

Fabulous card, great colours and image

Emma said...

Fantastic card, so 'funky'. Sure your Dad will love it!!
Emma x

Sammie said...

Love the stair aspect -how creative is that. I love how some of the best cards arise out of a "mistake" -like your image being bigger than you originally meant.
I have finally posted a couple of pics of Audrey II -the man-eating plant, if you still want to take a look. I have been putting in12+ hour days at the theatre since I can't remember when and am horrified to see I have not blogged for over a week!
Has your art week happened now?
Lots of love,
Sammie x