Followers

Saturday, 4 July 2009

5 challenges completed today ! ! !

I know that sounds impressive but I had to do something today or I would cry ! I have been working on a project for last 2 weeks as part of my DT duties for Funky Fairy's Papercrafts which involves canvases, acrylic paints & papers . . . . when today I noticed that I had made a WHOOPING mistake . . . I was so upset with myself that I didn't know what to do. Was about to put the whole lot (3 in total) in the bin when Steve took them away with the instruction to "make something" - he was looking at me as if he couldn't see what all the fuss was about ! So still seething with myself, I decided to have a "Blog hop" first (as you do); listed down a few challenges; felt calmer and off I tootled. Here's what I've been up to:

Inspirational Card Sketches and a Spoon Full of Sugar challenge
Look ICS girlies, I've made my card earlier than normal . . . yay! Yet another fabby sketch which I have printed off and put into my sketch folder as I will definitely use this one again & again . . . . I know . . . . I say that every week but if you pop over to the blog, you'll see what I mean . . . . .



I have mixed stamping with paper piecing as my first thought when I saw the strip down the side was . . . tree ! I have cut out the trunk and branches freehand & then using my SU scallop punch, made the leaf canopies. The flower, sentiment & butterfly are from SU Garden Whimsey set and I used my promarkers as I wanted to create shading on the flowers. Finished the butterfly off with co-ordinating gems and ribbon is Heidi Swapp. Have to say, that I enjoyed making this card and it did cheer me up a little.

I also think this card does say "Summer" or "Summer's Day" and therefore it fits perfectly with the "Spoonfull of Sugar" challenge.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Now the next card covers 4 challenges in one card . . . hope your proud of me Diana ! ? !

"Funky Fairy Challenges" - the theme this week is "Beach" ; "Cute Card Thursday" wanted us to use stitching on our projects; "A spoon Full of Sugar" has the theme "Summer" and although I have already made one card, I thought this card could also be entered ! ! ! Finally I followed the fab "Friday Sketchers" sketch - was so inspired to join in with Friday Sketchers after I saw Carole's card on her blog.



I have used the adorable "Doodle Stars" & "Dots are Distressing" papers from Funky Fairy's Papercrafts. Image was sent to me in a RAK which I have coloured with my promarkers. Lots of faux stitching and finished off with a boat which I have cut from the scraps of afore mentioned papers. Sentiment is a rub-on by Reminisce.

I now feel calmer now but will leave the canvases for a while and go back to them early next week. Have a great weekend everyone and isn't it nice now that it is a little cooler.

LuLu
x x x

21 comments:

Pinkllilac said...

Beautiful cards Lulu and love your colour combinations and layouts.
Hope your project tuns out fine and you are happy with it.
Hugs Linda

Fink said...

Wow, you have been a busy bee! Your cards are great! I am glad you stopped by to visit me and hope you come back! Thanks for joining us at ICS

Craftyanny said...

Hi Lulu
Don't be fretting about your project, fresh eyes tomorrow will see it in a different light and I'll bet it's just fine.
A great card too, well done on all the challenges and thanks for joining us again this week on FF
Anne x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Lulu :-) I love the way you made the beach scene especially ! Lovely image and the boat looks fab :-)
Ooh I hope you can rescue your project Lulu ! Hope it's not as bad as you first thought,,, sometimes when we make a mistake we end up making it much better than it would have been :-),,, !!!!

Lorraine x x

Terrie B x said...

Hi LuLu...
Well I thin k both cards are `beautiful`.Way to go you `Hand cuttin!!!!Phew...
i love to stop by when I open your blog I`m greeted by that beautiful smile...
Enough to make me smile...:)
Thanks for joining in with I-C-S this week...
Enjoy the rest of your weekend:) xxx

Liz Weber said...

LuLu I love your unique tree card using ICS #23 - very clever and creative, thanks for the inspiration.

Hope your other projects turn out ok!

Pam S. said...

how super adorable is he! love all the attention to detail and your combination of elements is so cute w/your image!
Pam Going Postal

eiyiyi said...

I love these cards. Apparently being besides yourself doesn't stop you from doing amazing work. Hope the other project sorts itself out. As a painter I can appreciate the frustration. Repeat after me ... step away from the canvas.

hugs, eileen

Regina said...

hate to hear about your DT stuff. I hope it all works out for you! I love your cards! that tree is perfect!! thanks for playing along at ICS

Barbara said...

Great cards Lulu. Hope the project comes together for you next try.
Barbara

Agus :) said...

Super cute cards! I really like the paper you have chossen in both and the brillant colors!
Hugs,
Agus

suzann said...

I love both of these cards - they are amazing. Your work is awesome. Now about that canvas. With all your talent I am sure you can do something to salvage all that hard work and turn it into something incredible!!

Crafting Joanne said...

Super Duper cards Lou!!

I ended up scrapping two attempts of a particular DT design too, it's so frustrating when we make mistakes or muck it all up. I'm sure it will all come right for you, I'm gonna have another go at what I was tryin to do later this week, once I've moved to my new craft room.

Hope you've had a fab weekend and thanks for playing along with the FF challenge.

Joanne x

Dolly said...

Great take on the IC Sketch, just love that tree what a fab idea.
Thanks for playing along. :)xx

wendipooh13 said...

way to go on the cards!!! love how the tree goes off the card!! great job with the IC sketch this week!!!

OhPleaseWork said...

LOVE the all of the layering on the first card. Excellent work!

Fran, said...

Both cards are great..
Cheers

Tip Top said...

Very impressed with your cards! The canvases will look ok - honest!

scrapnnMO said...

Lou your cards are absolutely GORGEOUS hun! Love the tree on the first card. AWESOME job on using ICS #23. You WOW me everytime with your creations! :)
♥Hugs, Dawn♥

Anesha said...

Wonderful beach scene, thank for taking part in the Funky Fairy's challenge. Anesha

Emma said...

Hi Lou
Gorgeous cards and thanks for joining us with the challenge.
Hope you get your canvas sorted, sure you will!!
Emma x