Followers

Tuesday, 14 July 2009

Carisma Cardz challenge

Just wanted to share something with you all . . . . this is a piece of hardboard which has now been altered to make a photo picture! It was actually my prototype / theme board to give ideas of colours/layouts/photos/embellishments etc before I started work on those canvases. I wanted to use acrylics with digi papers etc. Now you all know that the canvases went wrong and they are still in the cupboard under the stairs . . . can't look at them just yet . . . maybe once I break up! Anyhow I think my prototype could be entered for the Charisma Cardz challenge this week as the theme is "Alter It" !



I painted the hardboard with a mixture of crimson & black acrylic paints. The papers & sentiment are from Funky Fairy's "Just Hanging Around" kit and have been printed directly onto watercolour paper which was first painted with a cream acrylic paint & lightly sanded. The paper was thoroughly dusted before it went through my OLD printer! It gave the papers a more aged feel without really aging them! The edges have been further distressed with the same paint colours.


The photo is from our wedding day 20 years ago - gosh, we hated all the mushy poses the photographer wanted us to do - however I think this quote from the same "Just Hanging Around" kit, is fab as it works on so many levels.



The circle embellishments on the side are also from the same kit mounted onto watercolour card, silver stickers from Reminisce & finished with a pearl brad.



The flowers are from Poundland and have a fab velvety feel to them and the ribbon is from Heidi Swapp. Not sure if I will display the prototype as yet as it might be a reminder of "Canvas gate" but then again . . . it could make me go and sort out "Canvas gate" once & for all!

And guess what? We break up this Friday . . . I so need the holiday to begin. Hope everyone is well and on my 1st day off, I'm going for a MEGA blog hop.

LuLu
x x x

4 comments:

Unfading Spring said...

Love this Lulu, those flowers look so rich.
al leastt you will have more time to craft soon, not me though as I will be looking after grace more in the school holidays.

Hugs Carol x

Sally said...

Fantastic idea and what a wonderful keepsake. Thanks for joining us this week at Charisma

JanJ said...

This is lovely, what a great idea. Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week

Jan x

Maya said...

Ohhh this is beautiful!!
Love the colours and all the details!
Hugs from Maya:)