Sunday, 5 July 2009

Digital Tuesday & Pile it On challenges

Firstly I want to say a big thank you to everyone for their words of encouragement regarding my canvas mishap . . . they are greatly appreciated . . . however went back this morning to see what I can do & still stumped, so I have put it back inside my portfolio case and will leave it a little longer before I try and rescue it! I'm still so cross with myself . . . . aahhhh!

Now . . . . . . . . this one is a little "outside the box" but I hope you like it. The theme this week over on "Digital Tuesday" is "Summertime". Also the theme for "Pile It On" is to use 3 different embellishments which I have . . buttons, sequins & beads!

I am a big fan of digital papers, downloads, Cd's etc and wanted to show people that you don't always have to print onto paper, card, vellum, acetate etc and for this project I have used digital papers & images (from Funky Fairy's Papercrafts) but instead of printing the designs onto paper, I have printed them onto a fabric transfer sheet . . . . . and then used them to decorate a T-Shirt! I actually made the T-Shirt a while a go as part of a DT project for Funky Fairy's Papercrafts but it does fit with the "Digital Tuesday" theme perfectly.


The T-Shirt !!!


closer view of the pattern


ME wearing the T-Shirt


Well what do you think? The main design was compiled in "Works" & not a fancy editing programme. I fitted all the pieces/designs I needed onto one A4 piece of transfer paper so I can honestly say that decorating a T-Shirt is economical. The main pattern was ironed directly onto the T-Shirt & all additional elements were first ironed onto cotton fabric and then either stuck or sewn onto the T-Shirt; further embellished with buttons, sequins & beads. There you go folks . . . . try printing onto something different and you'll be amazed at what you can make.

Off to have a long over due mug of coffee & a I think I'll treat myself to a cake. Catch up with you all really soon,

LuLu
x x x

18 comments:

Timi O. Mercado said...

This is beatiful! WTG girl!

Timi, Pile it on DT

Maureen said...

LOVE the tshirt...what an ingenious thing to do!!
((()))reen

Jennifer said...

Super creative! I'd buy one!

Jennifer@PIO

eiyiyi said...

It's fabulous. Is there no end to your talent and creativity!

eileen xo

stamprgrl said...

lulu,
that is super duper adorable!

Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On!

-- dalis owner

Lorraine A said...

GORGEOUS !! :-) Love this Lulu !! :-)

Lorraine x x

Andrea, said...

Oh this is fabulous, I love the design

Unfading Spring said...

Wow, great t-shirt, you make it sound so simple to do. you are so talented.

Hugs Carol x

Tip Top said...

Wow!!

Paula said...

What a unique project, I LOVE it...great job!

I'm so glad you were able to join us this week at the Digital Tuesday Challenge!

Pleasantly,

Paula

~Denise Lynn~ said...

These are super cute! What a fun idea! Thanks for joining in at Pile It On! ~ Denise :)

Martha said...

oh wow! I"m speechless. its amazing ;)
Thanks for playing with us over at DTC :)

Emma said...

Wow stunning!!! Love it!!!
Thanks for joining us at DTC and good luck.
Emma x

craftypagan said...

Sooo cute! I love the design! Hugs Rowena-Pile It On DT

raindropecho said...

This is such a cute shirt! I would totally buy it. Thanks for joining us this week :D
- Ann @ Pile It On!

Amy Schultz said...

first thought was... NO WAY! haha, awesome job!

Amy -- Pile It On DT

Maureen said...

That is awesome!! So creative and so well done! Thanks for joining us this week at Pile It On!

Vickilyn said...

Love your creation!

Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On! this week! Can't wait to see more from you in the weeks ahead!

~Vicki
Owner