Tuesday, 28 July 2009

I'm so happy . . . .

Guess what? A while back the lovely, talented Dawn over at Inspirational Card Sketches sent me an email asking me if I would like to be a "Guest Designer" for the next 2 weeks. As you can imagine it was a hard decision . . . yeah right (not) . . . . of course I said yes straight away ! Then it hit me, I'm going to be a "GD" on one of my fav challenge blogs and I could feel my mojo slowly leaving the building . . . which doesn't help . . . after a long chat with myself & a quick slap, I got started with my card.

Firstly, here is this weeks sketch . . .



and here is my interpretation (which I have flipped) .



I wanted to do some stamping this week so ther is no DP at all on this card. Lots of chalking, inking & over stamping to create the different layers. The stamps I have used are from Graphicus "Flora Bella" set and they have been neglected for too long. The Tilda image I won as part of a "Simon Says Stamp" prize and have never inked her before now . . . I know . . . unforgiveable!



I have coloured Tilda with my Promarkers and added a few white gel pen highlights. The flourish frame & card blank were cut on the CraftRobo by my hubby . . . he's finally realised, "if you can't beat them, join them" ! ! ! The flowers are from Hero Arts finished with a brad (source unknown), sentiment from a free magazine set & ribbon from stash.

Can you guess that I am so happy to be a "Guest Designer"for ICS ! ! ! lol Now the pressure is on as have to make something for next week too . . . must have a good rummage through my stamps to get some inspiration. . . .

LuLu
x x x

ps: now hoping that Mr Blogger is working as I have scheduled this post to appear as am at work today!

9 comments:

Pinkllilac said...

Beautiful card Lulu lovely detail and the papers and colouring are gorgeous, no slap for you, just a pat on the back.
Hugs Linda

eiyiyi said...

The unreliable Mr Schedule is right on schedule today!!!

What a fabulous card. I love all the stamping and inking. It's just gorgeous. Can't wait for next week!

eileen xoxox

pinky said...

You've outdone yourself Lulu, this is gorgeous, no loss of mojo here! Love the colours, the image everything!!! Congrats on guest DT post.
Pinky

All Pink girl said...

Hi Babe xxxx
stunning card fabulous colouring and detail
love it
hugs Dawnxxx

Wendy said...

Congrats, LuLu! You are so deserving. The card is gorgeous....I love how you interpreted the sketch.

Have a great day!
Wendy
SBS9

Lana said...

I love this one Lou and the shape is fab ;0)
Lana x

Tip Top said...

Fantastic card and well done on the guest spot!!

Dolly said...

Congrats on the GD spot, love your take on the sketch, fab colours and love that card shape.
:)xx

Maureen said...

wow - guest designer...woo hoo! Good for you - and I love this card it is so dang cute! Your coloring as always is marvelous!!
((()))reen