Followers

Sunday, 26 July 2009

Last Minute Lou . . . again ! ! !

Just going to make it before both these challenges change for another week ! Definitely got to get out of this "Last Minute" thing I have at the moment. Have to say, do have a valid excuse with family illness but that won't always be the case !

My first challenge card is for Inspiration Card sketches

Now had to really think about this sketch because wasn't sure if I actually liked the layout and couldn't see it working for my style. However whilst making a Christmas card for . . . . can't tell it's a secret . . . I realised that this sketch lended itself to a snowy scene.


Papers: Funky Fairy "Dots are Distressing"
Stamps: Elzybells "Snow Landscape" & large snowflake
Gems & ribbon from stash


I have used Elzybells "Snow Landscape" stamp coloured with my Promarkers & have to say loving that Prussian Blue sky ! ! The snowflake stamp is also from Elzybells which I have stamped onto the background paper, then stamped onto a scalloped circle & finally onto a circle: as a finishing touch, I have a lplaced ittle pearl gem in the middle. These are all layered on top of each other to give me the 6 panels. Finally finished the card with my ribbon thingy . . . basically little bits of ribbon tied into a knot!



Do you know that this is my first Christmas card of 2009 !

My 2nd challenge card is for Funky Fairy's and their theme this week is "Girly".


Papers: Funky Fairy "lil Bit of Happy"
Stamp: Greeting Farm "Miss Anya"
Brads from stash
Lattice frame designed by hubby !


I have used a Miss Anya stamp coloured with Promarkers. The lattice frame was designed by hubby & cut on the Craft Robo. All the papers used are from Funky Fairy's NEW "Lil Bit of Happy" kit . . . these are so much fun to work with. The flourish shape (?) is also from the same kit, cut in half and secured with 2 huge brads !

Anyhow, off to clear up my mess and I have some exciting news to share with you all but you will have to pop back on Tuesday because I can tell you all then ! ! !

Have a great week everybody . . . I will as have now definitely got out of "school mode".

LuLu
x x x

12 comments:

lyzzydee said...

Both are lovely cards, glad to see your stuff again.

Craftyanny said...

Fabby cards Lou, and well done your hubby for designing the lattice it's brill.
Thanks for playing along again this week with Funky Fairies
Anne x

Crafting Joanne said...

Both wonderful cards Lou.

Love the snow scene on the xmas card.

Gorgeous girly card, anya looks so sweet, love the colours and frame work, clever hubby you have. My robo just sits gathering dust, never got on with it.

Thanks for joining us at FFC.

Joanne x

Anesha said...

Stunning card, love the colouring of your image and the shapes you used. Thanks for taking part in the Funky Fairy's challenge. Anesha

my5bratz said...

fab card, thanks for joining us at ff this week :0)

scrapnnMO said...

Lou sweetie I love your gorgeous wintery card! It turned out GORGEOUS! Thank you for playing along! :)
♥Dawn♥
Owner of ICS

Dolly said...

Fab take on the ICSketch, glad you joined us, hope to see you again.
:)xx

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous cards Lou ! The anya image is lovely and the lattice frame is fantastic !! :-)


Thanks for joining the Funky Fairys Challenge and hope you join us again for the next one !!! :-)

Lorraine x x

Heather said...

Oh how sweet! I love the sparkly snow! Thanks for joining us this week at ICS.

Terrie B x said...

Two very beautiful cards Lulu ...
Love your Christmas card!!
Thnaks for joining in with ICS this week:)xxx

Regina said...

they are both fabulous! but I love your Christmas card. A fabulous take on the sketch. thanks for playing along at ICS

Fink said...

What a fantastic take on the sketch! Love the big snowflakes instead of squares! Great as always