Followers

Wednesday, 1 July 2009

My minutes of fame!

Yep, I was on TV today . . . . even if it was just showing some of my DT samples for "Polka Doodles". Nikky was on the noon slot over at Create & Craft today showing off her fabby Sugar Birdies CD, Freddie's Friends decoupage & the Flower Stackers. I maybe a bit biased (as I am on the DT) but her stuff is an absolute dream to work with and most peeps do know that normally I run a mile from decoupage . . . paper piecing, yep . . . . decoupage . . . . NO WAY! However have to say that Nikky MAY have converted me as I found the sheets so easy to work with and I now have some fabby boys cards in my stash to give out on birthdays.

Nikky was an absolute star and didn't look at all nervous; she was chatting away merrily to Nigel and completing the demo's like a real pro - way to go Nikky . . . enjoy your large drinkie poo's tonight! Here are some bits I made and guess what? They were actually shown . . . . so chuffed! lol I'm not going to show you all everything I made, so please don't panic.

Firstly . . . . I made this as I wanted to show off bits from the CD and how I remember what was what (as it were). At the end, I put a note pad with a sketch on (as a doddle) and then made a card from my own sketch !

Front Cover


Front Inside pages


Back inside pages


Back Pages


Over head view


Here is the card I made using the sketch:



As I said earlier, I usually run a mile from decoupage but loved these cute sheets and here is one of the cards I made:


Well I'm going to finish now as am still on a HIGH but must end by saying a huge WELL DONE to Nikky for bringing us the "Sugar Birdies" CD and to all the other DT girlies whose samples were drop dead gorgeous. Please go check their fab blogs to see all their wonderful projects - deets on side bar.

Hope you all managed to catch the show and if not, look out for the repeats - it is definitely worth watching.

LuLu
x x x

6 comments:

eiyiyi said...

WoooHooo!!!!!! I wish I could have seen it. I don't even have HBO so not much chance I'm getting a program from the UK. Your cards are fabulous, as always. These were absolutely TV worthy. Can't wait to see some more of the decoupage (might just convert me as well).

eileen xoxo

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous cards Lulu ! :-)
Unfortunately I don't get that show here :-( Glad it went well :-)

Lorraine x x

Pinkllilac said...

Congratulations on your TV fame oh I know someone whos been on the telly.
Beautiful creation I love evry thing about it.
Hugs Linda

Emma said...

Woo hoo!!! I blooming forgot to record it...duh.
Stunning creations...love them both.
Emma x

Tip Top said...

I agree with the decoupage - I didn't like it before but am now a convert but only to Nikkys stuff!!

Great samples - where do you get the time to do all that??!!

Martha said...

FABulous cards, love them!!!!