Followers

Friday, 3 July 2009

Polka Doodles Challenge #7

WOW another week has whizzed by and although I am glad we appear to be getting a summer, I have to say a little rain wouldn't hurt at least to break this humidity.

The challenge the DT were set by Nikky was to use the Cherry papers from the "Sugar Birdies" CD and to incorporate a hidden element. I have to say that I really struggled with this challenge . . . but that was my fault. I had originally made a card to submit but then realised that I had not included a hidden element . . . worse still I couldn't adapt the card either . . . aaahhhhhhh! So I sat at the table looking at the papers and NOTHING came to mind what so ever. Finally after telling myself off, I came up with this card:


Papers & elements: Sugar Birdies CD
Embellies: from stash

hidden bit peeking out


hidden bit


Not overly happy with the card as it seems to be lacking something although I'm not sure what - but I am happy that I have actually made something for this challenge as it was looking like I might have to bow out this week!

Off to catch up with all my blogging buddies as its been too long. Take care,

LuLu
x x x

5 comments:

eiyiyi said...

You would never know by looking that you had a problem with this one! It's gorgeous. It was a tough challenge this week. You did it proud!

Saskia said...

Yummy, lovely work!!

Sweet greetings,
Saskia :)

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Looks fabulous to me! Great card and perfect hidden element.
Hugs
Carole x

Tip Top said...

Heheheh! Telling yourself off! Hope you listened! I never do and make the same mistakes again!

Very lovely card and styling - I could never do that as our 'grass' is like a jungle it grows that fast!!

Martha said...

I don't think it is missing something, this card is just gorgeous, like all your work Lulu!!!