Friday, 24 July 2009

Polka Doodles Challenge

Well it's the "2 month" anniversary over at Polka Doodles and Nikky is celebrating but giving away some Polka Doodles goodies. If you saw her on Create & Craft on Tuesday, you would of seen the fab new "Candy Doodles" CD and the "Sugar Birdies" CD and if you join in with last week challenge (runs up to this Sunday), you have a chance of winning the "Sugar Birdies" CD . . .in fact there will be 3 winners . . . now I can vouch for these CD's . . . they are lush!

Well this weeks DT challenge was to follow a sketch Nikky drew and to use any of the items found on the "Candy Doodles" CD.

The first card I made was using these fab, gorge, brill papers from the "Garden Collection" - they are just so easy to use and ideas just flow. My brill hubby Steve cut out a bracket shaped card (think that's its name!?!) and then I just filled the card blank!



The quote I found on the Internet on a quote site for gardeners (!) which I thought was apt. I decided to thread some ribbon into a row of punched holes . . . however being a wee bit of a plonker (no comment required here !), I threaded the ribbon from both ends and was left with this unsightly loop in the middle . . . aaaahhhhhh ! Luckily I had several small offcuts of ribbon which I knotted together and then tied these to my ribbon loop . . . hey presto, it actually looks like that was meant to happen !



When I put my card on the DT blog, several of us had used the same papers so I thought I'd make a 2nd card as I wanted to show everyone how versatile these papers really are and how many occasions they can cover. Voila . . . a quick baby card.



Pram cut from a circle of paper from the "Dolly Mix" collection and the hood was created by pleating an off cut of the same paper. Added wheels, brads & a ribbon for the added extra touch! The large scallop at the top of the card is one of the fab embellishments found on the CD.



Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with following the sketch . . . and you have up to the 2nd August to get your entry in.

LuLu
x x x

10 comments:

Saskia said...

Lovely work... so creative!!

Saskia :)

CraftyC said...

Lovely card, both so pretty!
Clairex

Sue Ramsay said...

Spoilt for choice ! Both are lovely.
Sue x

cornishmist - thats me ju x said...

hi love your cards and love all these papers ect, cant wait to get my grubby hands on the cds myself ju x

Natalie said...

Gorgeous cards Lulu. I love the pram. x

Jo said...

Two beautiful cards and what a creative husband you have!

kim-paperbabe said...

Wonderful cards Lulu and very versatile papers, thanks for your lovely comments HUGs Kim :)

Bella and Aidee Mom said...

Very darling...Krista

Laura Evangeline said...

Awesome!

Crafting Joanne said...

Both gorgeous cards Lou.
Especially love the threaded ribbon and what you did with the loop on the first one.

Joanne x