Sunday, 12 July 2009

Where has the time gone?

A week has literally whizzed past and I simply don't where it has gone to! It has been slightly manic at school as we rev up to the end of term. I have been spending LOADS of time with Class 6 on their leaving project - we are jazzing up picnic benches - new colours & specially designed table tops ! ! !; arranging 2 surprise parties for teachers that are leaving us; making memory albums for said teachers from the staff & children and desperately trying to keep up with my DT duties. I'm starting to panic a bit as I know I just don't have enough time left to complete everything . . . that's if I want to eat & sleep as well. So please forgive me everyone if I haven't been around to visit you or join in my normal challenges this week.

However, I have managed to make some bits for the following 2 challenges:

Digital Tuesday - the theme this week is "Sweet Birthdays" - we have been asked to make a birthday project with something "Sweet" in it.
Funky Fairy's - a recipe challenge (eek) - use 4 papers, 3 embellishments, 2 punched items & 1 image.



I have used the fab NEW "Cupcake Crazy" Kit from Funky Fairy's Papercrafts for this card. The main background paper, sentiment & cakes are all from this kit. I thought that this sentiment was just perfect for the Digital Tuesday challenge. The matting & layering papers are also from Funky Fairy's "It's so Distressing Vol1" kit. One of the best thing about all the new background range of Funky Fairy's papers is that they each colour match perfectly with each other. So that's my 4 papers (if you include the white one - which I do!)



My 3 embellishments are the ribbon thingy at the top. It's just offcuts tied into a bundle and then stuck on the top ! Nothing technical there then. As for the punched items . . . I did just punch 2 lickle stars but they looked so lonely that I had to punch a load more . . . sorry girlies.



Finally the 1 image is a "Funky Fairy" herself coloured with Promarkers. Voila, ma carte est finis . . . sorry to any french speaking people in blog land if my french is not brilliant . . the last time I learnt French was in school and that was 23 years ago!

Take care,

LuLu
x x x

15 comments:

Craftyanny said...

awwwwwwwwwww Lulu this is adorable, love how you've coloured the Funky Fairy, thanks for joining us this week
Anne x

my5bratz said...

love love LOVE this card

thanks for joining us at FF this week :0)

Lana said...

Lou this is simply adorable with the fairy peeking behind
Hugs
Lana x

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

Fabby cards Lou! ^.^
Good luck with getting everything done! Only another week and you can stick your feet up! xx

All Pink girl said...

Wow fabulous card stunning colours and images .love it
hugs Dawnxxxx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hi, WOW this is so bright and cheery, I love it, Well Done on the card. Thanks for joining in with the Funky Fairy's This week, Hazelxox (Guest Designer)

Crafting Joanne said...

Hi Lou

Fabby card, love how the Funky Fairy is just peeking over the top before seeing her completely when card is opened. Gorgeous LO and colours.

Thanks for joining us this week.

Joanne x

Martha said...

Wow, another gorgeous card!! Love the image of the funky fairy, is cute and funny :)

Lora said...

This is fab! Thanks for joining us at DTC again this week.
Lora xx

Emma said...

Hi Lou
Wow fantastic card, love it!!
Thanks for joining us at FF challenges and also DTC.
Emma x

Lorraine A said...

Oohh fabby card :-) I loved reading this ,,,, you're so funny !! pmsl !! :-)
everything is fab :-) Love the papers, ribbon, everything :-)!!

Luv
lorraine x x x

Maria Matter said...

Oh, this is brilliant! Love it, just fabulous!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Digital Tuesday Challenge!
Blessings, Maria

Martha said...

love your card, so cute!

Ellie said...

This is fantastic. Love that image and the ribbons.

Kathy said...

These are great - esp. love the cupckae card - wonderful!