Followers

Thursday, 23 July 2009

WOW, I've made a card ! !

Finally got time to sit down and play with my crafty bits . . I feel that they are becoming neglected as I usually have to visit them at least once a day! Too much happening and too little time - I need one of those time things Hermione Granger has in Harry Potter ! lol

Anyhow enough of the waffle, my card actually covers 4 challenges in one go (see Diana, you're rubbing off on me !!!!)

Pile It On - to use mainly orange
Charisma Cardz - fab sketch
Daring Card Making - use a fairy image
Secret Crafters - spots & stripes


Paper: Funky Fairy's "Cherish" set
Image: Stamping Bella
Flower panel cut on Craftrobo
Ribbons from stash


The fab paper I have used has subtle spots & stripes on it (as per Secret Crafters theme) & you can just make them out behind the flower cut out (thanks hubby x x x). However the cutesy fairy has stripey tights on, so that another source of stripes ! ! Additional dots can be the flower centres . . . do you think I might be grasping at straws here ? The card has been made following the Charisma Cardz sketch but I haven't put the sentiment on the card, as I wasn't 100% sure what occasion I wanted the card to be for . . . so for now, it will remain sentiment-less!



Daring Card Makers wanted everybody to be "Away with the Fairies" so I have used this fab Bella image which was sent to me in a RAK by Diana (cheers hun) and I have coloured her with my Promarkers. She is layered onto a big "Flower Stacker" from Polka Doodles and then dangles over the front of the card by acetate. I was trying to go for a flying fairy feature . . . has it worked? I know she is not a true fairy but I think she looks very fairy like . . . . . . . !



And finally, the card is very ORANGE as required by Pile it On. I only seem to use orange as a background or as a hint on my cards but must admit I'm loving this card and will definitely be using this colour as the main colour again.

Well off to catch up with the neglected washing basket and I suppose I better hoover my crunchy feeling floor ! ! ! Apologies to any houseproud people out there.

LuLu
x x x

16 comments:

Katty Bell said...

This card is 'hot!' lol.
Seriously it it's fab. I'm in love with those Ketto stamps from Stampin Bella...so cute and different, if I had the funds I'd buy the lot!

Jennifer said...

OMG! Super cute! Love the use of the acetate, it does look like she's flying. Wonderful shades of orange.
Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On.

Jennifer GDT@PIO

pinky said...

Great card Lulu, love the image and papers. The flower is great too.
Pinky

Lythan said...

What a clever idea to ahve a flying fairy! It works so well and I love the orange:)

Jane Carroll said...

very pretty card

thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x

Secret Crafter said...

Awww this is so cute. You've chosen lovely colours. Thank you for taking part in the SCSC challenge. Wendy x

LOUISE said...

Lovely card Lulu, love the Stampingbella image, and your flowers are great. Louise x

Donna said...

Fantastic spots and stripes for this weeks challenge Lulu, your card is brill! Thanks for playing along with us at SCSC :) Donna x

Vickilyn said...

Super cute!! I LOVE the Ketto image!!

Thanks for playing with us at PILE IT ON!!

Vicki
~owner

raindropecho said...

Ooooh Ketto looks great! You've colored her beautifully and I love how you've used so much orange :D Thanks for joining us this week and hope to see you back soon!
- Ann @ Pile It On!

Alecia Castro said...

Super cute card, love it! Thanks for playing along at PIO this week!!

Amy Schultz said...

love your use of the sketch and all of the orange! lovely lovely!

Amy -- Pile It On DT

craftypagan said...

Wow-so cute! I love that stamp! Your flowers are so fab! Thanks for playing at Pile it On this week- and hope to see you again next time too! Hugs, Rowena-Pile it On dt

Maureen said...

Fabulous card - I really love that CR background!! Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On!

stamprgrl said...

oh lulu,
what a sweet card this is!!! wow!

Thanks for Playing with us at Pile It On!

-- dalis

Deanna said...

Wow! The demension, the coloring... awesome!

Thanks for playing!

Dee fr Pile It On DT