Followers

Saturday, 22 August 2009

3rd post of the day - ICS challenge

As I have been on hols for a while it has been nearly 3 weeks since I last joined in and then I was lucky enough to be chosen by Dawn to be a "Guest Designer" . . . so very, very, very chuffed. Most people who read my blog know that ICS is a challenge that I endeavour to join in every week - love the sketches and the DT inspiration. The sketch this week was equally as brilliant . . .



. . . and I have done something different for me this week ! I've completed a scrapbook page . . . yep, you read it correctly . . . a scrapbook page. As soon as I saw the sketch I knew I wanted to do a page because of a photo I had of Luke & Aaron from over 5 years ago. It was just PERFECT for this sketch. Now I'm getting nervous showing you now . . . .



The photo was taken in Ireland whilst visiting Mum and the lads had climbed on this HUGE granite rock & with the sky that day, I thought that it would be a FAB photo opportunity . . . well the boys thought differently ! So without further waffling here is my page . . .



I have used "Aqualicious" papers & frames from Funky Fairy's; all card is from SU; the monkey & snake are transparent stickers I found in a drawer (!) & doodling with a white gel pen. However, I feel that there is something missing or needs adding . . . any ideas . . . please!

Hope your weekend is fab and the weather is holding out for you? I'm off to try some of Luke's home made Brownies . . . it's a bit of luck that I tidied up the kitchen isn't it?!?!?!?

Lou
x

10 comments:

eiyiyi said...

Perfect. Absolutely perfect! hugs, eileen

Dolly said...

Nothing missing to me, it looks fab! Thanks for joining in at ICS, always a pleasure visiting your blog. :)xx

Karen said...

Fabulous page and such lovely photos. Thanks for joining us this week at ICS.
Karen x

scrapnnMO said...

WOW Lou it's absolutely GORGEOUS! I to don't think it needs anything else either. Gorgeous photo!

I want to think you so much for being our GD for the last two weeks. You are such a sweetheart. Your creations are absolutely STUNNING and I loved them both. Thank you!

♥Dawn♥
Owner of ICS

Regina said...

what a fun page! I love that you did a page instead of a card! thanks for playing along at ICS

Liz Weber said...

Hi Lou, so glad you could join us again at ICS and woohoo on the Guest DT spot.

I just LOVE that you created a layout with the sketch and yes those photos are perfect for the sketch - fab job and thanks for the inspiration!

CraftyC said...

A lovely page and fab colours, Thanks for taking part in this weeks ICS
Clairex

kim-paperbabe said...

Wow Lou,
FAB layout, just love your take on this weeks ICSketch and the colours and images are fantastic!!! Great title...

Thanks ♥ for joining us this week, HuGs Kim :)

Heather said...

Oh How Precious!!! I love your scrap page .. those boys are adorable!!! Great take on the sketch and thanks for joining us this week at ICS!

wendipooh13 said...

love how you used it for the page and what a fun photo too!!!! great job with the IC sketch this week!!!