Monday, 31 August 2009

Christmas in August . . . !

Yep, I've caught the bug too . . . I have seen some brilliant Christmas cards on peoples blogs recently & this has spurred me on to start making a few before Christmas arrives ! I have used a Elzybells stamp that I bought last year but it was too late to use it on my Christmas cards, so I'm using it now ! ! ! Its a fab image & brilliant to colour.

This card is for 3 challenges:

Papertake Weekly Challenge - fab sketch which was a treat to use - this one is printed off & already in my "sketch" scrapbook to use another day.
Colour Create - colour theme of ruby, gold & cream
Stampacular Sunday - Scallop Mania




I have stuck to Colour Creates colour challenge this week & therefore my figures are only coloured in ruby! . . . well . . . except the lads shoes . . . they didn't look right as red! The other papers & card used have been over stamped with a gorgeous snowflake stamp (again from Elzybells) & then lots of chalking & inking. in shades of "ruby" The large snowflake has been cut out & mounted with a gold star brad which fits perfectly in the centre. Finally the sentiment reads "From our house to yours".

Hope everyone is having a great Bank Holiday Monday . . the weather is perfect here & we have had a BBQ with visiting family. Great day but I am now feeling shattered. My 2 year old nephew is a human tornado . . . runs at speed, laughs constantly & never, never stops for a second! He's a treasure really but as my youngest is 11, getting uset to a toddler with curiosity to burn, has sure sworn me out! Off to relax in front of the box now . . . .

Lou
x x x

24 comments:

pinky said...

This is gorgeous Lulu, really christmassy. Love that little stamp and the snowflake background is perfect.
Pinky

Andrea, said...

Oh what a fabulous card, the image and colours are wonderful

Tracey said...

Beautiful Christmas card Lou, love that image, really Festive :-)

Hugs
Tracey
x

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Wonderful Christmas card...such a sweet image and lovely colours.
Carole

♥ Marlou ♥ said...

oh this is just beautiful Lulu :) ♥

Dena said...

Oh wow you have made a fabulous card! This is soooo adorable. Your use of the colors is perfect! Thanks for joining us at Colour Create this week. I hope you enjoyed the challenge! Hugs, Dena

Dawny P said...

This is fabulous chick. You did a great job with the sketch and the colours and image are just gorgeous :) Thank you for joining us at PTW - hugs, Dawny xxxx

Liza said...

Gorgeous card, I love the colour combo. Thanks for joining us at SSC.

Liza x

eiyiyi said...

I love everything about this card. I feel a serious bout of scraplifting coming on! Beautiful job. hugs, eileen

Carly said...

So cute! Love that image! I am a huge Elzy fan. Thanks for playing.

Deanne said...

This is just beautiful Lou! The image is so cute - Love it! The stamped background looks awesome!

xx-Deanne

Sharon said...

This is so beautiful Lou. A brilliant image for Christmas - weel done for sticking to the colours on that! Love the snowflake paper. Thanks for sharing your card with us. Thank you for joining the Colour Create Challenge.
Sharon xx

Mina said...

gorgeous card Lulu, love the image so perfect...thanks for joining in with the Colour Create challenge
Mina xxx

Nikky Hall said...

Hey Lou, fab cards hun!xx

scrappyjan said...

Lou, This is a very cute card!!! Love those little stick figures type people..

Thank you for joining the Colour Create Challenge.
hugs, janny

Emma said...

Gorgeous card....love the image and papers.
Emma x

Anne said...

Lovely Christmas card - the snowflake background is fab and the image is very cute - love it!

jannekescreations said...

Awesome Christmas card, love the stamp!
Thanks for joining us at SSC this week.

Janneke X

jillyscreations said...

Lou this is absolutely wonderful hmmm me thinks i'm going to have to do a bit of extra casing he he. Thank you for joining ssc this week

Crafting Joanne said...

Ohhhh Lou this is gorgeous, love the papers colours and image.

Thanks for joining us this week at SSC.

Joanne x

Sprytebyrd said...

Beautiful card!
Thanks so much for joining us at Stamptacular this week! Hope to see you again soon!
Dee

Tip Top said...

I do like this! It's on my Elzybells wish list....!!

Leanne said...

This is fab, I absolutely adore the colour you have used!!

Please can you contact me at justdivine@live.co.uk to discuss doing a feature on your blog.

Many thanks!
Leanne
xx

Martha said...

Beautiful card Lulu!!!