Followers

Friday, 21 August 2009

Polka Doodles Challenge #12

WOW, it is an absolute age that I have participated in the Polka Doodles challenge . . . what with family illness, broken bones & then going on holiday . . . the weeks have simply flown by!

Well this weeks challenge was to follow a sketch - Nikky also asked the DT to use the Candy Doodles papers to make our cards.



Here is my card and I have gone for a really girly card - pink & flowers which isn't my normal "thing" but actually love how it has turned out. I have printed off 2 of the flower backgrounds, turning 1 into a topper & then using the 2nd to add further flower layers etc. I also did something very alien for me . . . I used mirri board ! Yep, I took the plunge and used black mirri board on the card & as I was trying to photograph the card, was cursing the stuff!



Still catching up with everyone as you've all been so busy these last 3 weeks and I didn't want to miss out on anything !!! Speak soon (!) as will definitely visiting !

Lou
x

3 comments:

eiyiyi said...

I love it. It's gorgeous! hugs, eileen

Saskia said...

So good to see you back at Polka Doodles!! Your card is so gorgeous and elegant!!!

Sweet greetings,
Saskia :)

Maureen said...

great card...but what the heck is black mirri board? Never heard of it...
((()))reen