Tuesday, 15 September 2009

ICS DT call and an apology!

Hi everyone. Sorry I haven't been around for a while but managed to scratch my eyeball ! I think I got something in my eye when I was up in the loft with the insulation inspection man and then I made the big mistake of rubbing it . . . probably more than once! Suffice to say that I had to rest and cover it. Isn't it amazing what you take for granted until it is taken away from you?!?

So here is my BIG apology to my blog candy winners . . you're prizes are now ready and will be in the post to you ASAP and many apologies for the delay . . I had hoped that you would of all had them by now . . . but you will receive them very, very, very soon. Apologies again.

Now onto the Inspiration Card Sketches bit. Anyone who visits here will know that ICS is one of my favourite challenge blogs and I do endeavour to enter every week . . except last week because of my eye (!) and had to join in with the DT call. I was very lucky to be a Guest Designer for 2 weeks and loved the honour (cards for GDT can be found here & here). Well we had to follow a fab sketch from the ever so talented Dawn just for the DT call . . well I made a bit of a boo boo with my first card 'cos I combined it with another challenge . . . that'll teach me not to read the rules correctly. So, I made another card & I have flipped the sketch . . .


Sentiment: Papermake Up stamps

My inspiration for this card was the fab phrase which was a freebie from Paper Makeup Stamps. It has been combined with the SU "Summer by the Sea" set (thanks Lyds). Lots of matting & layering (using bits from my scrap box) & added embellies. I hope the layers are straight because since doing my eye, I have had real problems lining things up and have even had to resort to using a ruler !


Image: SU "Summer by the Sea"
Coloured with watercolour paints & Promarkers


Hope you are all well and I hope to have a good blog hop tomorrow . . . got to go to bed now as a busy, busy day at school tomorrow.

Lou
x

13 comments:

Terrie B x said...

Hi Lulu..Hope your eye is a lot better..Your card is truly `beautiful`..
Good Luck with the DT your soo deserving..
Enjoy the rest of youer week...

Jo Austin said...

Lulu.. thank you so much for visiting my little bloglet. I appreciate you dropping by. Glad you like the card I made, but Gawd lady.. this is the nicest cards I've ever seen using this SU set. Stunning.

Love the colouring, love the layering and well.. it's just so damn beautiful!

Jo xx

Jo Austin said...

Me again.. lol.

I've definately added you to my favourites. All your cards are so beautiful.

I take part in a blog called Inspirational.. www.inspirationalcraftblogs.blogspot.com

Would it be possible to feature you over there for everyone to see your lovely work?

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Jo xxx

Lana said...

Beautiful card Lou and such a lovely phrase.
Hope your eye is better it must be so sore. Even when you get a little eye lash it's so frustrating.
Take Care
Lana x

eiyiyi said...

Fabulous. I love all the work on the sentiment and your painting of the image is flawless! hugs, eileen

Martha said...

Wow, Lulu, beautiful!

Saskia said...

Beautiful work!! Good luck!!

Saskia :)

Diana said...

This is just beautiful!

Yes, eyes and all those important bits get ignored sometimes...

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

Beautiful Lou!!
So pleased you love the set and are making such fabby things with them xx
Oh and HUGE congrats on 'Inspirational'!!! You deserve it xx

Terrie B x said...

Hi LuLu:) Congrats on the DT `Enjoy` :)xx your sooo deserving I am delighted for you!!!!Yahaha h:)xxx

Michele said...

Wow, great card! love the little details! Congrats on getting DT!

Dolly said...

Elegant card, love the soft colours, congrats on the DT, enjoy. :)x

marley said...

lovely card! congrats on making the dt!