Followers

Friday, 18 September 2009

Polka Doodles Challenge meets Charisma Cardz !

WOW, I can't believe that we are now on week #18 already. Seriously where does the time go? Days are blurring into weeks & the months now have huge great big wings and are flying past quicker than Concorde could get to NY ! I've even started looking around for Christmas present ideas . . . now that is getting depressing !

Anyhow enough of my depressing waffle, the challenge this week (set by Ruth) was to make our own flowers. I had an idea in my head but my brain just wasn't working in tandem with my hands & I couldn't get it to be how I could see it in my head! Well after much frustration, I had to admit defeat (& also time was running out) & this is my card . . . although not fully happy with it as it still needs something . . . better photo's would probably be a start ! lol






I have used papers from the "Jingle Jangles" CD, some doodling, chalking & inking. Quite a bit of wire (!) & the sentiment is alphabet rub ons from Doodlebug.

I a also entering this card into the Charisma Cardz challenge this week. It's been age since I entered (blame the eye) and really wanted to participate before the week ran past me again ! The challenge this week is "Flower Power" . . . and mines a winter flower (!) hopefully with a bit of "power" . . . lol

Hoping Mr Scheduler actually works for me . . . me & him are definitely not a match made in heaven . . as working today. So looking forward to the weekend as I need to catch up with you all . . getting crafting inspiration withdrawls . . my new found addiction!

Lou
x

9 comments:

eiyiyi said...

I think it looks great! Not sure what you don't like about it. Making one's own flowers ... yes, that is a challenge. hugs, eileen

Saskia said...

Beautiful, creative flowers!!

Enjoy your weekend!

Saskia :)

Wendy said...

Gorgeous card, Lulu.....it is such a refreshing take on a winter card with all the soft, pretty colors!

Have a great day!
Wendy
SBS9

Anesha said...

Super card, love the flowers and the use of the image in the circle and the wire. Fab! Anesha :-)

JanJ said...

Wow this is stunning, I love it!

Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week

Jan xx

Vee said...

A really beautiful card and such a stunning flower. Thanks for joining us at Charisma.
xx Vee

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

Stunning!! Oh and I'd be very happy with it!!! You have my addy!! lol

Sally said...

Hi Lulu,
I adore your card. Gorgeous flower. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.

Kim Marie said...

Darling! and those blues...swoon!
Kim Marie