Followers

Thursday, 29 October 2009

Funky Fairy & La La Land Challenges

Just a really quick post today as am in the car winding my way back from Wales after visiting my cute, adorable nephew . . . . . suppose I better mention my sister & B-I-L as well ! ! ! Before I forget "Get Well Soon" Mike and deep breath Sarah . . . the nursing won't last too long ! ! !

Have to say I'm not a big fan of the journey . . . the M4 has to be one of the most boring motorways to travel on. . . in fact most motorways are boring whether your the passenger or the driver . . . however don't get me started on the M25 . . . DETEST that motorway with a passion !

OK before my blood pressure hits the roof, here is my card for this weeks challenge, which is to add texture to your project. Unfortunately time is at a premium for me at the moment so my card is quick & very simple.



I have used an old Funky Fairy's kit called "Colourful Daze" which has been printed onto a canvas effect paper to add texture as this is the theme over on Funky Fairy's this week. Doodled a heart shape, cut it out & stamped into the middle.

La La Land wanted us to use "ribbon" this week, so the heart has been edged with eyelets & a thin ribbon threaded through each eyelet, ending with a bow on the top. . . . I think I have this bit covered ! Card then finished with a lickle tag and I have written the "always" on to the tag . . . simple card but I love the striking design.

Lou
x

7 comments:

Martha said...

I love this card! :)

eiyiyi said...

Great card. I love what you did with the ribbon. Just pops right off the page. hugs, eileen

Diana said...

OMG LADY! What a wonderful card! I love the roughish look with the printing on textured paper.

Hope life is rolling relatively smooth for you.

HUGS! Diana

Wendy said...

What a fun card! Love the paper!

{Hugs}
Wendy
SBS9

Irina said...

Very pretty!! Thank you so much for playing along at La-La Land Crafts Weekly Challenge!!
Hugs!!
:) Irina

Maureen said...

So pretty and a great use of ribbon! Thanks for joining us at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge!

Whoopsie Daisy! said...

Fun card!! Love how you have highlighted the heart with the ribbon. Cute! Thank you for joining in on the fun at La-La Land Crafts! xx Jane