Wednesday, 14 October 2009

Funky Fairy's Challenge

What do you know . . not on here for ages and then post twice in the same week ! !

This is a very quick card for the Funky Fairy's challenge this week which was to make a card with no image. I love this sort of challenge as you can really "churn out" quick cards without worrying too much about colour matching papers to your images. I'm dreadful, I colour my images and then try and see what paper matches it . . not always easy to do ! ! This card only took me 20 minutes . . & sometimes I wish they were all as quick as this.



I have used this fab paper from the "Shabby Christmas" kit and printed in onto white vellum paper. Love the effect on the paper. The snowflake was had cut with lots of different layers; added a bit of chalk here & there, finally finished with a button in the middle. The gingham ribbon is from my stash and it was so badly creased that I had to iron it before I could use it ! ! Now I really, really, really despise ironing but not when aids my crafting ! ! !



Oh before I forget . . . am getting so excited about the 1st EVER "The 12 "FuNkY days Christmas workshop" which starts on 1st November . . . loads of exclusive downloads (that will never go in the shop), tutorials galore and Santa might be dropping in for a couple of early visits . . . yay, can't wait and have put a huge ring around the date on my calendar. If you are interested, have a look HERE for all the details.

Have had a good therapeutic blog hop tonight and love catching up with everyone . . . still owe many people a "hi" and promise to get round to your blogs really soon.

Take care,

Lou
x

11 comments:

Craftyanny said...

Wow Lou that's a gorgeous card, love the soft blue and your snowflake is adorable
Anne x

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

Fab card Lou!! And look...No Image!! Well, I'll be!! Lol
Was looking forward to joining the Fairy workshop, but my car has just cost an unexpected £650 for it's MOT!! Eeek! So have fun and I'll be looking out for all your fab creations! :)

Cheryl said...

Really pretty card, simple and stunning :) like the colours and the snowflake is great :)

Cheryl

Diana said...

This may be a super quick card, but it is also SUPER DUPER GORGEOUS!!! LOVE Love it!

Things are great here. Just so durn busy busy busy!

eiyiyi said...

Just goes to show you don't need an image to make a gorgeous card. Love the snowflake and vellum! hugs, eileen

my5bratz said...

FAB card, Im like you I colour the image and then TRY and match, think I woulda got the hint by now and do it the other way around..lol

Workshop sounds fab, emailed a couple of tutorials but havent heard either way, fingers crossed :0)

Wendy said...

What a pretty card, LuLu.....I soooooooo wish all cards only took 20 minutes to make! Think how many we could churn out??!! What a great challenge!

Have a great day!
Wendy
SBS9

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Lou :-) I love the papers and embellies you used :-) Fab ribbon too ;-)

Luv
Lols x x

Kristen said...

Cute, fun, and what a great challenge! You totally nailed it! What a great clean and simple card!!!! LOVE it!
Have a great night!!!

Enfys said...

Love the clean elegance of this Lou, super ribbon as well..
big hugs
En xx

Anesha said...

Beautiful card, beautifully embellishment. ANesha