Followers

Sunday, 18 October 2009

Got a few challenges done !

WOW . . . really busy at the moment with decorating upstairs after the electricians; fitting in being unwell at the same time (!) and completing several large assignments . . . just wish I could lock myself away for a day or two and I'd probably get things done so much more quickly !

Well I was getting so frustrated with myself that I had to have a break and do something enjoyable . . . yep, you guessed it . . . make a card ! I also noticed that I have been neglecting some of my fave challenges too . . . . whoops. OK, enough of the waffle, here's what I came up with after a good 40 minutes play . . .



I am quite pleased with my card because it meant I used up loads of bits from my "scrap box" and it came together really quickly. Isn't that image adorable . . . I do love certain vintage images . . not all but some !



Here is a close up of my ribbon which is threaded & stapled "randomly". I cut some poinsettia flowers & leaves out of scraps using my Quickutz. I was also conscious that there might not be enough "yellow" on my card, so added some yellow gems !



I am entering my card into the following challenges:

La La Land - theme this week is Winter/Christmas
Charisma - the theme this week is "It's so Distressing". - got exciting news about this challenge but keeping it a secret for the moment!
Colour Create - Use red, yellow, white & black
Friday Sketchers - yummy sketch to follow - another one saved in my sketch folder.
Rosie Dee's - Colour theme is "Carrot, Courgette & a flower - I hope it's a colour theme ! ! !

I feel so much better now but better get back to the grind . . . !

Lou
x

18 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Lou :-) I love this image and the papers and embellies are fab ,, I love how you did the ribbon ,,, am intrigued now,,, what ya hiding re Charisma challenge ???? Thats naughty to tease !! :-)

Luv
Lols x x x

Karen said...

Oh Lou this is beautiful!!! Thank you so much for taking part in Rosie-Dee's this week X

Craftyanny said...

Wow Lou, this is one gorgeous card. The way you've used the ribbon is just fabby - I'll pinch this idea if you don't mind lol
hugs
Anne x

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

40 mins.????? wow! it's gorgeous!

Dena said...

Very pretty card! I love those gorgeous poinsettas! Thanks for joining Colour Create this week! Hugs, Dena

Whoopsie Daisy! said...

What a beautiful layout, Lou! The flowers are just the prettiest! Love the paper used and the distressing. Thank you for playing along with us every week at La-La Land Crafts! xx Jane

Martha said...

Oh Wow, sooo beautiful!!!
We had a fab day celebrating our sons birtdays!! Love them as teenagers :)

Rosie (Freycob) said...

It's a colour theme for sure and your card fits in perfectly.

Thanks for joining us at Rosie D's this week. Hope to see you again soon.

Rosie
x

Saskia said...

Lovely work, so elegant! Thanks for joining us at Rosie-D's!!

Sweet greetings,
Saskia :)

brenda said...

Hi Lous

This is a really pretty card and so plesed it gave you the opportunity to use up some of your stash.

Thank you for joining us at Rosie D's.

B x

Maureen said...

Beautiful card - love the poinsettias! Thanks for joining us at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge!

Karin said...

Stunning card.
love everything about it.
Thanks for joining LLWWC.

xoxo karin

Vee said...

A gorgeous card and a really lovely vintage image. Thanks for joining Charisma this week.
xx Vee

Sally said...

gorgeous card. Love the vintage image amongst all the color. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.

Di said...

Fab card love those flowers!
Thanks for joining Colour create this week

Di and all the team xx

KarenB said...

Great vintage card! Thanks so much for taking part in my challenge this week and joining us at Charisma Cardz!!!

Karen B

Mel X said...

That 40 minutes "playing" was worth it Lou. Looks lovely. Love the vintage photo and those flowers - WOW!

Mel X

Tracey said...

Stunning card Lou,love everything especially the stapled ribbon :-)

Hugs
Tracey
x