Tuesday, 13 October 2009

ICS challenge #38

Hi everyone,

Yep been absent again. It took us a lot longer than anticipated to clean up after the rewire and although we have done LOADS, we still have lots more to do. We're just waiting on the plasterer to fill my sieve looking kitchen but Steve has laid a new bedroom floor after it was cut up to make way for the new cables etc. Now just got loads of decorating to do ! ! !

Well it's challenge #38 over on Inspirational Card Sketches and my second week as a DT ! Can you guess that I'm still excited . . . . . yep, I still am ! Dawn has drawn another fab sketch and I wanted to use stamping on my card as much as possible this week and have actually only used 2 stamps to create it !



I have used an SU large stamping wheel which was great fun to use. It has made my background, little 3D shapes & the background to my topper.



Am so into these "wheels" at the moment. Just ink and roll away to your hearts content! I decided to off centre the middle panel as I thought it would help with the "wave/water" movement effect. Not sure if it has but I actually like it as it makes such a change not to just matt & layer in the normal, traditional way. Centre panel has a little bit of torn vellum on it to add to the watery feel. Have added some doodling to the top & bottom to link everything in.



The sentiment is an SU circular one stamped int he same colour ink & as there are lots of bubbles in the background, I thought it would look like a larger bubble. I chalked the fish circles in 2 shades of green/aqua, so that stood out from the other sections of the card. Loved making this card as it was quick & really easy to make but I'm loving it . . . going to try it in a different colour next . . . something hot & spicy !

The challenge over on ICS this week is sponsored by "Scrapbooks N Stuff" who aer giving away one sheet of every paper from the Elliot Collection from Scrap Within Reach . . so as they say . . you have to be in it, to win it.

Hope to see you over at ICS and can't wait to blog hop about looking at your designs, as haven't had much chance recently and am now getting withdrawal systems.

Take care,

Lou
x

7 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

what a super card! my poor collection of wheels have NEVER been used. i think they're still wrapped!!! thanks for the inspiration!

hugs,

eiyiyi said...

How cute this is. You're having way too much fun with these wheels!!! hugs, eileen

Heather said...

This card is soo cute and so fun! I imagine you had the best time with that cute wheel!!! :)

Andrea, said...

Fab card, I love all the little fish and great colours

Tammy said...

What a fun, cute card!! I love all the fish and your colors!

Tammy

Mary(OhioMary) said...

How fun is this! I love all those little fishie and how you skewed the background layer. That really adds a lot of interest.

Michele said...

Very pretty!