Followers

Tuesday, 20 October 2009

ICS challenge #39

WOW . . . a week has truly flown by and I'm not sure where it has gone to? It's flown so quickly the last 7 days seem a complete blur ! Was a touch depressed this morning when some lovely, young, slim girl on the TV decided to announce (much to cheerfully for me), that Christmas was only 9 weeks away . . . WHAT ! Where has 2009 gone . . . seriously . . . where have the months & weeks gone? It must be my age but finally I'm beginning to truly appreciate time spent doing things I enjoy and no longer feel the need to cram something into every minute . . . however my teenage son on the other hand is totally the opposite !

OK enough of the waffle, onto this weeks ICS sketch and as always Dawn has produced a brilliant sketch. What was even better was the fact that I knew what image I wanted to use from our sponsors, Doodle Palace, straight away . . . . well when you see the sketch and then my card, you'll see how this image is made for this weeks challenge!



Here is the card I made . . .



I have used the rocket from Doodle Palace and then just matted & layered different papers & card. These were first stamped with a SU stamping wheel (can't remember the name) and then either hand cut or punched out. Loads of chalking & inking later and my card was finished. This was another quick card . . . approx 45 mins and most of that time was taken colouring my rocket!



Love the bold, strong lines on this rocket and wouldn't it make a fab shaped card? I used Doodlebug rub-ons and using a hole punch, punched them out. A little inking later and they were matted onto the oval crater . . . well it's meant to look like a crater ! In fact all of them are ! ! !

I had great fun visiting all your blogs last week and just love how everyone interpretates the sketches differently . . . great inspiration . . . however there is a downside . . . I then have to add things to my "wish list" that I just need ! OOhhhh, just realised I can now share my "wish list" with the lads and you never know Santa might bring some of them on 25th Dec !

Take care,

Lou
x

8 comments:

Martha said...

Wow, sooo beautiful, what a great idea!!

Craftyanny said...

Gorgeous card Lou, lovely colours too
Anne x

eiyiyi said...

What a great job you did on this, LuLu. It's fabulous. Are you sure they didn't draw the sketch AFTER you made your card!!!! Perfect choice. hugs, eileen

jo said...

Loved your card Lou - so funny we had the same idea this week LOL!!!!
Jo xx

Debs said...

Great card, love how you've made the moon surface, brilliant colours I can't beleive it 9weeks:o
Hugs Debs

Sandy said...

Wow what a fantastic idea and your card rock.
Really gorgeous.

marley said...

awesome card, so bright and cheerful, love it!!

Emma said...

Amazing card...love it!!
Hugs Emma x