Tuesday, 6 October 2009

ICS challenge

Now have to say I am really, really excited about the challenge this week because . . . I made the Inspirational Card Sketches DT ! ! ! Yep, I did it and am so pleased that Dawn picked me. Dawn picked 8 of us in total for the next 3 month stint and we are all equally "stoked".

The sketch this week was fab (as always) and such a versatile one and I actually made 2 cards using it ! ! !



Here is my 1st card . .


So relieved I made a Christmas card as I am slowly getting together a good stock pile now ready for the festive season . . . which is not too far away now ! Gulp & eek ! The background was made using an SU stamping wheel and then I stamped the sentiment onto the same background . . . isn't that sentiment just adorable? Ribbon from my offcuts box and chip board is from Basic Grey.

Now my 2nd card is a total contrast and is made for a man ! ! Gulp, yep I bit the bullet and made a masculine card . . (well I hope I did, lol).


I have used papers, alphabet & images from the new Polka Doodles CD " Not for Girls" and have to say that this CD is "out of this world". There is simply LOADS of fab-ness on the CD all for making those tricky male cards . . . so many themes from modern, traditional & vintage . . . definitely won't be stuck for a very long while! Now did you notice my mistake on this card? I only"twigged" when I was uploading the photo and quickly rushed off to make the necessary change !



Can you believe I spelt "birthday" incorrectly . . how many times as a card maker must we use that word ?!?!?! Shame on me! Ooohhh before I forget, doesn't that bird have "real attitude" ?

Can't wait to visit you all to see what you make using the sketch this week . . in my official DT role . . can you tell that I'm excited !?!?!? However please bear with me as we are upto our necks in rewiring just as this post appears (fingers crossed Mr Scheduler works) and I'm not sure when I will be able to get on here.

Lou
x

13 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous cards Lou :-) I love the christmas card ,, the sentiment is very cute yeah :-) Fab 'Boy's card too,, I must say you covered your mistake brilliantly and am sure improved the card with the cover up :-)

Congratulations on your DT post ,,, I have never entered this challenge ,,, will pop by now :-)

Luv
Lols x x x

Mary(OhioMary) said...

Both of these cards are fabulous! I love the embellishments and sentiment on the first one and what a hoot about the Birthday spelling...it's for a guy...he will never notice. LOL!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

the xmas card is just gorgeous and the birthay card is stunning. that bird is one cool dude! and never noticed the typo!

hugs,

scrapnnMO said...

WOW both cards are just uber delicious! I totally love what you did with the sketch. Beautiful creations. I'm so very delighted that your part of ICS TEAM for the 4 months. LOL! Not 3. :)
♥Dawn♥

Debs said...

Wow, love them both and there so different, that sentiment is gorgeous, keep up the good work with the stock of Christmas cards.
Hugs Debs

Martha said...

Congratulations Lulu, you deserve it!! And the cards are fabulous :)

Diana said...

OMG! This is amazing news! Congrats congrats congrats!! I love the cards - and I hope all is well in your world too!

Carolands said...

I love the Christmas card, stunning!
Carol x

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Good morning Lou, i am just loving your masculine card!! what a cool image, will definitely be going over to take a look at them! thank you for the inspiration, hugs Linda x

Lana said...

Super news Lou and 2 super cards
Hugs
Lana x

Crafting Joanne said...

Two fabulous cards Lou, especially love the first one, gorgeous. Congratulations on making the DT.

Joanne xx

Regina said...

they are both fabulous! we are lucky to have you on the team at ICS!

Tip Top said...

Hehehehe! Now I'm glad someone else is spelling challenged!!

Congratulations on the DT spot!