Followers

Wednesday, 11 November 2009

Made a card in bed !

Not feeling 100% today so have been sitting in bed, laptop one side and my crafty goodies the other side . . . . however, it's does have it's downside . . . I can't cut a straight line with or without my guillotine ! ! Oh well, still managed to make a card which is suitable for several challenges:

2S4U - used Kazan's scrummy sketch as my inspiration
La La Land - theme this week is "Getting Punchy" !
Digital Tuesday - Holiday Wishes

So without further a do here is my slightly "wonky" card . . .


Image: Funky Fairy's Papercrafts "Vintage Images"
Punch: SU new punch
Stamps: Polka Doodles snowflakes

Simply adore this image . . can't say why but I really do. Have used my new SU punch to create the fancy edging everywhere. Stamped some snowflakes over my cs and then chalked the edges to try and look "vintage" to match the image. Also stamped some smaller snowflakes onto the image too. Finished with a fancy chipboard I found & tied some ribbon to it ! Looking at my card now, not sure that I like the words down the edge . . . too late now or is it . . . . ?

Lou
x

23 comments:

Unfading Spring said...

Your card look perfect to me. love that image also. Hope you're feeling better.

Big Hugs Carol x

Martha said...

Oh wow Lulu, love this card!! Just fabulous!! Get wel soon :)
Hugs,
Martha

Pinkllilac said...

Beautiful card Lulu lovely detail and the papers and colouring are gorgeous.Hope your feeling better soon
Hugs Linda

All Pink girl said...

Hi Babe xxx so sorry you are not feeling well xxx(sending hugs)
fabulous card so beautifull xxx
hugs Dawnxxx

Elena said...

Beautiful card! Love the border punches you chose!
Hope you feel better soon!
Thank you so much for playing with us this week at La-La Land Crafts!

Cheryl Nelson said...

oh so lovely! love the vintage image!

Anjou Krelovich said...

Lovely! The image and colors are perfect. Hope you feel better! Thanks for joining DTC this week!

Anjou Krelovich said...

Lovely! The image and colors are perfect. Thanks for visiting DTC and I hope you feel better soon!

pinky said...

Sorry to hear you are not feeling too well but I do love your bedroom creation lol. That image is lovely , didn't realise funky fairies did these images!!!
Pinky

my5bratz said...

get better soon

I think the card looks fab is it is...I too LOOOVE that image!

eiyiyi said...

I can't tell where the wonky bit is ... it looks perfect to me. hugs, eileen

Lana said...

Ah sorry to hear you aren't feeling well Lou :0(
Fab card though especially as you made it in bed lol
Hugs
Lana x

Terrie B x said...

Hi Lu Lu Hope your feeling better soon!!!Lots of bugs around these parts too!!nasty...grrr
Your card is gorgeous and way to go you crafting n bed..hmm heaven...
Have a lovely week:)xxx

Paula said...

Love the vintage feel to this card! Such a beautiful card, great job...especially for being in bed! I'm so glad you could join us this week at the Digital Tuesday Challenge!
Pleasantly,
Paula

Kim Y. said...

super lovely card! Yup, there is a vintage feel to this card! Totally agree! Thanks so much for playing along with us at La La Land Crafts!

my5bratz said...

MAYBE I SHOULD GO TO BED, THIS IS GORGEOUS...opps sorry for shouting..lol

Enfys said...

Gorgeous faded vintage look, love it,
big hugs
En xx

cjsmom said...

looks fantastic! i would never know that you made that in bed! hope you're feeling better!

dstandard said...

Beautiful card!

Lea L. said...

Loving that vintage winter image! Great job with the sketch!

~Lea

Kazan Clark said...

I cannot believe you made this in BED!!! wow you are talented my friend. I can barely read in bed *lol*
Hope you are on the mend already
hugs
K

Whoopsie Daisy! said...

Such a pretty card! I hope that you are starting to feel better by now. Thank you for playing along with us at La-La Land Crafts! xx Jane

Maureen said...

Very pretty - love the punched border! Thanks for joining us at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge!