Tuesday, 1 December 2009

My *%&*%!* camera!

I have really struggled this week to get any decent photo's of any of my projects this week as the macro setting on my camera is playing up. I know my camera is quite old (4 years) as technology leaps forward each week . . . but this is not the time for it to be mucking about ! ! ! Enough said . . lol

Dawn over at Inspirational Card Sketches as again drawn a great sketch for us to work with and my card flew together. The longest part was waiting for the silicone glue to dry . . it seemed to take an age.


My card also goes with this weeks theme over at Charisma Cardz which is "Anything Christmas".

I decided to go all "girly" and make quite a pretty Christmas card which is unlike me but hey, gotta try different things every now & then haven't you. I have stamped my stocking & then water coloured them to be monochromatic. They are mounted with wire & mini pegs. Finally the card is finished off with some beaded flowers. Quick & simple, although I think the flowers are a touch over kill now !


Stocking stamps: My own design
Card: SU
Sentiment: Funky Fairy's Papercrafts
Flowers & wire from stash

The stockings are actually my own design which were produced into rubber last year and even if I do say so, I like them as they work so well and if you don't want to colour them totally, you don't have to !



Well better go to bed now and hope Mr Blogger schedules this post to appear tomorrow (Tuesday) as I have a L . . . O . . . N . . . G day tomorrow at work.

Take care everyone,

Lou
x

6 comments:

eiyiyi said...

I am waaaay impressed that you have your very own rubber stamps. Yeah for you!!!!! And. they are really wonderful. Love the stamps, love the card. Hugs, eileen

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh i love it! those stockings are awesome! and your picture is super too!

hugs,

jo said...

Great card Lou. I love the colours!!!

Sally said...

Stunning card. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.

Stacy said...

Oh, I love your little stockings!! Adorable card!

Mary Giles (OhioMary) said...

Those stockings are awesome and love the colors you used on this gorgeous card.