Sunday, 8 November 2009

My Workshop goodies!

Well, I thought I'd better give you an idea of what I have been doing for the last 2 weeks or so as I have been somewhat of an erratic blogger of late ! ! ! Well had to go and help out with the family as well, so that has added to absences . . . . saying that, had a blast with my 2 year old nephew - here he is early trick or treating . . .


I have been busy working away on the projects posted on the first ever "Funky Fairy Online Christmas Workshop" and I have used one of Shaz's idea's to turn the lid for a decorative box into a sweet container . . . . so in love with the idea, I've made 32 of these babies !



I decided to make the same bags but "tweak" them so that boys got "boyish bags" and girls received "girlie bags" ! I have used the fab "Countdown to Christmas" topper and printed the pink & lilac for the girls and blue & green for the boys.


Above photo shows the boys bags and instead of using ribbon, I have used string. I used grommets to highlight the "25" on the topper and a white gel pen to make it "pop" more.



The photo above shows the "girlie" bags. They have been made in exactly the same way but added ribbon instead of string. I have to say that these bags are super quick to make and the longest part was choosing the paper designs I wanted to use ! ! !




Here's a side view of the bag. The sweets are placed into a cello bag and that has been stapled to the top inside of my cover.

Wow, that's enough for now but will post more about my other projects - some of which are taking a little longer because they are albums . . . . (watch this space Ginny!).

Take care and actually off to have my 1st blog mooch for simply ages,

Lou
x

5 comments:

Pinkllilac said...

Wow Lulu you have been a busy bee and they look fantastic and what a great idea, just beautiful.
Your nephew looks so so sweet.

Hugs Linda

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

wow! you sure have been busy! and what an adorable little boy. and such super treat bags! those lucky kids! yummy!

hugs,

Tip Top said...

Heheh! The little bags are fab - I want one!!

my5bratz said...

I'm watching....lol

you know I LOVE these...and your Nephew is soooooo cute :0)

Terrie B x said...

`Gorgeous` Lu Lu Your nephew is `Beautiful` TFS:)xxx