Followers

Friday, 13 November 2009

Polka Doodles Challenge #26

This is a quick post as my head cold is getting the better of me. I finally got up today (Thursday) at 2pm, had a soak, made my card for this weeks challenge and then went back to bed for a nap ! So I am now hoping that Mr Scheduler will do it's thing and post my card for the correct day . . :-)

Nikky gave us a fab sketch to work with and the DT were also asked to use the "Not for Girls" CD. I have wanted to use the music topper set for ages and they fit perfectly with this weeks sketch.



I printed off a page of toppers (different sizes) and used the largest one as my main background and chalked the edges. I then layered a smaller topper onto some black card and chopped up (technical term) another topper into small strips. I chlaked these strips and overlayered them onto the first topper. 2 other strips were layered to form my thingy's (another technical term) in the corner.



The sentiment & star stamps are from my stash. I then finished the card with some doodling around the edges. Quick card as I don't have the patience to sit and concentrate for too long !

Happy Friday everyone and can't wait to see how you interpretate the sketch this week,

Lou
x

6 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

now THIS is fabulous! the colors are great and the images are wonderful. hope you feel better soon.

hugs,

Linda said...

Get well soon ;)

Purely Stamping! - more blog candy!

Hope Jacare said...

Great card - love it - fab job with the layout and all the extra detauils - brill!Cheers Claire x

Dolly said...

Fabulous card Lou, those papers are great and I love the chalked edges. Hope you're feeling better today. :)xx

my5bratz said...

gawd, if you can make this beauty whilst sooo sick, there's no hope for the rest of us mere mortals..lol..seriously, it's fab :0)

hope you're feeling better REAL soon!

Wendy said...

Oh no.....feel better soon! Seems being sick did not diminish your talent in any way....great card!

Have a great day!
Wendy
SBS9