Followers

Tuesday, 17 November 2009

Yep . . . it's Tuesday today

and that means it's time for a new sketch from Inspirational Card Sketches. As always Dawn has drawn a "stonking great" sketch which I have flipped . . . well, I had an idea you see and to make it work, I had to turn the sketch over ! ! !



Now when I saw the sketch I automatically thought of "Snow globe" . . . can you see what I mean . . it screamed out to me "snow globe", so that's what I did !


Image:
Papers: Funky Fairy's "Lil Blue Cracker"
Snowflake stamp: Elzybells
Rub ons: Doodlebug

I have cut 2 circles in different sizes; loads of chalking & inking and then stamped my snowman into the smaller circle. I stamped him again; coloured him with promarkers and raised him up with foam pads. I have even used GLITTER . . . This is momentous for me as the stuff seriously scares me ! Made a snow globe base which as been finished off with some ribbon and for some unknown reason . . . has a huge snowflake stuck to the side of it ! Stamped some extra snow flakes along the top of my globe and finished with a sentiment.

I am also entering my card into the following challenges:

Charisma Cardz - the theme this week is "merry & bright" and I think my card is definitely both merry (look at that snowman's expression) and bright.

Cute Card Thursday - the theme is "Glitter me silly" . . I know that the glitter on my card is a touch sparse but hey, this is LOADS for me. The stuff scare me half to death . . so going to be brave and enter my card as hey, this is a big step forward on the glitter front for me !

Secret Crafter - their theme is "Four Seasons". I have rather obviously chosen Winter.

Well gotta dash as have to have a further spring clean / declutter (!) as my new kitchen gets delivered tomorrow !

Lou
x

11 comments:

eiyiyi said...

Love the card Lou. Your snowglobe is great! hugs, eileen

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

how sweet! i just want to give it a shake and see the snow fall!

hugs,

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

I 'snow' see what you mean!!! :0)
Fabulous card Lou...great idea x

Anesha said...

Stunning idea and wonderfully done. Love the papers. anesha :-)

Sally said...

Fantastic card and great idea. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.

my5bratz said...

love love LOVE this, what a cute image...cant wait to see your "projects"

Vee said...

Thanks for playing with Charisma this week, your card is just perfect for our Merry & Bright challenge.Good Luck
xx Vee

Regina said...

I love your snowglobe! fabulous card!

debby4000 said...

Oh what a fab card.
luv
Debby

Emma said...

Gorgeous card, love the image and snowflake details.
Hugs Emma x

Mary(OhioMary) said...

How cute! After seeing it through your eyes...I can definitely see snow globe.