Tuesday, 8 December 2009

For my Lil Sis !

It's my Little Sisters birthday on New Years Day and I am feeling organised ! It doesn't happen often but when it does . . . watch out world ! Decided that I really must make an easel card and love the look and when made, they are so striking and what's even nicer . . . easy to make !

Now Dawn over at Inspirational Card Sketches (ICS) has drawn another great sketch . . . where do you get your ideas from for all your sketches ?



ICS have been sponsored by The Stamping Boutique and we got to chose an image to play with . . . I chose "Jennifer Latte (moped)" because it reminded me so much of my Lil Sis ! Not sure she would agree though but hey, TOUGH sis ! So in love with these images and feel the need to collect them all . . the next one I HAVE TO HAVE is the "Hairstyle Latte".



Here is the top bit of the easel card and I have used some old DCWV papers from the Teenage stack, some MM ribbons & the flowers are from my stash. The image has been coloured with Promarkers and I have then layered parts of the image to fit Dawn's sketch.



Here's the card in full. The sentiment is from SU and designed to work with their oval punches. The strip has been left deliberately blank as I'm going to write here.All card stock used is also SU . . . but don't know each colour . . . sorry !

Now I am also going to enter my card in to the even more challenges (other than ICS) and they are as follows:

Cute Card Thursday - theme this week is "Swirly Girly" and this is my 2nd card into this challenge.

Cardvaarks - who want you to use a digital image or some digital . . . and yep, have done that!

One Stop Craft Challenge who want us to use fancy folds. OK, I concede that my card doesn't have that many folds, but hey, I think it's a fancy one . . . tenuous I know.

2 Red Banana's - new challenge blog (well it is to me !) I found whilst have a visit around everyone's blogs and love their theme this week to make something "reflecting warmth". Definitely think the "Jennifer Latte" image does just that.

C.R.A.F.T Challenge which is "Christmas Birthday" and I know my Sisters birthday is !st January but hey, the date is still part of the festive season so I am going to chance y arm and enter this challenge too ! ! !

Now after all this typing am off for a rest and a quick blog hop. I have visited loads of people but have to apologise as I just haven't had the time to comment on everyones blog but I hope to remedy that real soon.

Lou
x

14 comments:

pinky said...

This is gorgeous Lula and I love that sketch, must have a go. I absolutely adore the Stamping Boutique images and you have used this one beautifully.
Pinky

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh lulu how super! you do that image proud!

hugs,

Martha said...

What a FAB card Lulu!! Love the stamp :)
Hope you are well!

Hope Jacare said...

Great card - lovely image - fabby colours and thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week Cheers Claire x

Unfading Spring said...

Hi Lulu,

Super Card love that stamp, and the colours you have used are great, I'm sure you sister will love it.
yeah christmas birthday's tell me about it, it is my son's on the 12th and my daughter's on the 20th Dec, but at least it makes a change from Christmas, getting fed up of making xmas cards now, I love making them but the novelty has worn off now
Hugs Carol x

Sue-ann said...

Great card, so bright and cheery!

Anesha said...

Funky card, great colours. Anesha

Magda said...

Great card. Lovely image and colours. Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T Challenge & good luck.
Magda x

Lynette said...

What a great card! Your coloring is super, and I like the way your stamping is on all layers. Thanks for participating in the 2RedBananas Challenge this week!

Teresa said...

Really fun image. Like that border with the cup on it. Thanks for joining the banana challenge.

Faye said...

Really gorgeous colors on your beautiful easel card.

Trimgym said...

Lovely card, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge and good luck!

Jo.

Sharon said...

Fantastic card. Your ribbon treatment is absolutely gorgeous. Love the image and details too. Thank you for joining us at the One Stop Craft Challenge.
Sharon xx

Cassie said...

i love this card!! thanks for playing at 2RB - good luck!