Followers

Wednesday, 23 December 2009

Have been published ! ! !

Nikky over at Polka Doodles had said a while back that 2 of my cards were going to be published but have to be honest and say, wasn't 100% sure when ! ! ! That'll teach me not to read Nikky's instructions more carefully . . . sorry Nikky! Anyhow the 2 cards appear in Complete Cardmaking #21 and are part of a 5 PAGE feature on Polka Doodles . . . . WAY TO GO NIKKY & KRIS ! ! !

Both cards are made using the FAB "Not for Girls" double CD; the first card featured is this one and don't you just love this Jazz image? I have layered it several times (although photo doesn't show it !!!) and have also used the image on many a card too. It comes in loads of different colours which is fab and also some gorge music papers too !



The second of my cards featured is this "tongue in cheek" robot one. The robot's expression is just so mischievous that I had to do a silly card (!) with it. The alphabets & backing paper are also from the "Not for Girls" CD.





As you can gather am a little chuffed with myself and loved seeing them on the gloss page of the magazine . . . my really early Christmas present. Many thanks Nikky for thinking that my work was good enough to be published and for also showing my DT bits on TV via Create & Craft - hey, hey gotta bask in my 15 minutes of fame now ! lol All the girls on the Polka Doodles DT make such inspirational projects that it has been a pleasure to "feed off" that creative vibe . . . whoops . . . anyone would think I was giving a thank you speech at an awards ceremony . . will be quiet now . . . honest !

Off to make some jam tarts and brownies . . . well should say, tidy up after the boys have made them ! All I can say, thank goodness for "dishwashers".

Take care and if you weren't aware, Santa is going to be here really, really soon,

Lou
x x x

12 comments:

eiyiyi said...

If being chuffed means feeling very proud of yourself then ... you go girl! I'm so excited for you ... published!!!! YEAH in a real live magazine ... Woohoo!!! I'm feeling quite chuffed for you myself. Bask away. hugs to you, eileen

pinky said...

Congratulations on making it to print, two brilliant cards! Have a lovely Christmas and a Happy New Year. Hugs
Pinky

Lorraine A said...

oohh wow Lu !! Congratulations ! :-)These cards are fabulous and deserve to be published !! :-) Very well done ! :-)

Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas :-)
Luv
Lols x x x

Martha said...

Oh wow, Lulu, congratulations on your cards being published! They are beautiful!! Well deserved :)
Have a merry Christmas and a happy and creative 2010!!
Hugs,
Martha

Joanne Gilch said...

Congratulations. Wouldn't we all be full of ourselves if we were so lucky and creative! Merry Christmas

Magda said...

Congratulations! Cards are great!
Magda

Shelly Schmidt said...

Fabulous cards- I can see why you were published- love both of them! I hope you had a fabulous Christmas!

Cheryl said...

How exciting! Congrats

judie said...

brilliant cards - love the robot ones, well done on being published as well xx

Maya said...

Happy New Year!
Such wonderful cards!
Love the colors and the details!!
Hugs from Maya :)

Kim Marie said...

Lou!
I love them both! Congratulations!! A proud sister!
Kim Marie
SBS29 (and SBS9..tee hee!)

Karen said...

Well done Lou! They are fantastic cards.