Tuesday, 15 December 2009

ICS challenge #46

My goodness the Christmas is almost HERE and I haven't even put the Christmas tree up yet ! ! Have to say that we never put our tree up until 20th December as Luke's birthday is on 19th, and we like him to feel that we celebrate his birthday before Christmas !

This is the last ICS challenge of this year and the next new challenge will be on 5th January 2010 . . . however this didn't stop Dawn producing a fab sketch (as always).



I decided to make another easel card as I wanted to use a photo of my nephew from last year as he looked so "darned cute" and I thought my sister & B-I-L would love a more personalised card . . well I hope they do!



Teague (my nephew) is wearing Aaron's hairy, claw slippers & Luke's Christmas hat. He loved them and walked around with this outfit on for ages ! How he didn't trip over, I'll never know.



As I knew which image I wanted to use this card came together really quickly and I have used several papers from different Funky Fairy's kits. All the papers complimented the photo perfectly. The " Ho, Ho, Ho!" sentiment was made on the computer; a bit of layering & it was done!



The large arrows, holly leaves & trees are all hand cut but the stamped sentiment is from SU. I must also take the time to apologise to every one who entered the ICS sketch last week as I unfortunately have not had the time to visit you all and see your gorgeous projects as I have been a little busy (see post below) but I PROMISE to visit everyone this week.

I am also going to enter this card into the following challenges:

Charisma Cardz challenge which is to use "Red, Green, White or Silver "- as you can see I've opted for red, green & white!

DU2DS - they also have a colour challenge with is "red, green & your choice of neutral". Although I haven't used a digi image all the papers used are from digi downloads !

One Stop Craft - they have asked us to make something for the theme "Christmas Love" and I think this card falls into this category because of all the reasons that it was made!

Caardvarks - digital challenge in honour of the Hero Arts Digital showcase they are running at the moment.

Take care,

Lou
x

10 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

this definitely is ho ho ho! just too, too cute!

happy holidays!

Larissa said...

Great card and that picture is so adorable! Thanks for joining us at DU2DS.

Hugs,
Larissa

Sally said...

Fabulous card. Doesn't that just show the joy children have? Thanks for joining us at Charisma cardz.

Dolly said...

Great card Lou, love it :)xx

jo said...

Grear card and such a cute picture LOL!!

I must have a go at making an easel card. I keep seeing them everywhere and not tried one yet.

Jo x

Vee said...

A fabulous card just perfect for our challenge. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.
xx Vee

JanJay said...

This is a fab card, what a great photo

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week

Jan x

Chris said...

Gorgeous card and I'm sure they're going to love it! You're not alone with no Christmas tree yet LOL! Have a merry one and thanks for joining us at DU2DS this time. Chris :)

Hope Jacare said...

What a fantastic photo! Brilliant card - love it! x

Cheryl said...

Really, really cute! This picture made me chuckle.


I am looking forward to the kick off of SBS29