Wednesday, 9 December 2009

A "Male" card . . . I hope!

It's my eldest son's birthday on 19th December and am trying to be organised . . . I blame Shaz personally as her "organisational" skills are rubbing off ! The only thing is that I am very organised at school but not at home and this new me is starting to frighten my family !

I have used the sketch from "Fab 'n' Funky" challenges for my card . . .


and papers from the "More for Men" kit from Funky Fairy's Papercrafts. Now at "Fab 'n' Funky" if you use the additional theme which is "All that Glitters" you get 2 entries into the draw for some gorgeous Doodle Palace images. Well, I absolutely, categorically, emphatically dislike using glitter, so this was not a comfortable thing for me to do but I took a deep breath and just got on with it ! lol x



Here is my card and my "Glitter" bits are the circles which have been glittered and beaded (in a manly way of course !) and also I have used extra glitter around the edges with my Stickles Glitter Glue. Just now hoping that I haven't iver done things with the glitter and Luke thinks his card is a touch too feminine !

I am going to enter this card into the C.R.A.F.T Challenge which is "Christmas Birthday's" and this is my 2nd card for their challenge. Well it was the motivation I needed to make the much needed Birthday cards I require.

Well gotta dash . . seems to be my standard mantra at the moment but have loads of prep to do for my "Glitter Morning" at school tomorrow fingers crossed, Mr Scheduler will pop my post up to appear tomorrow (Wednesday) !

Take care,

Lou
x

6 comments:

eiyiyi said...

A very manly card, glitter and all. Great job! hugs, eileen

Peet said...

Such a beautiful card, Lou!!!

Anesha said...

Great card, still a male card even with the glitter :-) Anesha

Tinkertaylor said...

fab card love the string

Cheryl said...

Awesome masculine card. I love the way you attached the fibers on the scallop.

Anonymous said...

Brim over I acquiesce in but I contemplate the post should acquire more info then it has.