Followers

Monday, 18 January 2010

Another "Thank You" card!

I made this card for a great friend, who I also have the pleasure of working with, to say "Thank You" for my pressie.

I used the fab sketch from the "Friday Sketches" blog as my "starting point" :


Papers: "Shabby Xmas" Funky Fairy's
Image: The Stamping Boutique
Sentimenr stamps: unknow!
Ribbons from stash
All punches: SU

I am also entering my card into the following challenges:

Charisma Cardz - Anything New - I have used my NEW Miss Jennifer image from The Stamping Boutique

Colour Create - to use Kraft, blue & white. Unfortunately I don't have any craft paper or card at mo as I have used it all (feel a spend coming on!) but have used brown as my alternative.They also had a further option of "texture". Mine has been created using the different ribbons.

Creative Inspirations - to use anything NEW





Now I did learn something NEW . . . well new to me that is ! Whilst colouring my image, I discovered my Sakura pens - glaze & stardust. I wanted to add shading to my image and thought I'd play with my blender pen and it worked ! ! ! I was able to play with the colour to create light & dark without loosing the glittery feel/shimmer from the Stardust pens. Definitely going to use this technique again.

Gotta dash (again) as youngest son is now feeling a little unwell with a stomach age . . . oh I dread tummy bugs . . . !

Lou
x

13 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Lovely card- love your image and your coloring is lovely! I know your friend will love it! Hope your son feels better soon!

Kellie said...

Its always fun to learn new things. The shading is great so is the rest of the coloring. The card is just pretty darn cute.

Bubbles said...

Fabulous card, I absolutely love the image and how you have coloured it perfectly. Thanks for joining in with us at Charisma Cardz.
Joanne x

Rhonda said...

Wonderful Card!!! Love the image and your coloring.

my5bratz said...

love the paper and image, hope the little man is better SOON :)

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

wow lulu! this is stunning. i love that you stamped this on that lovely dotted paper and your shading around the border is gorgeous!

hugs :)

Donna Moore said...

Extremely fun card! Love everything about it! Thanks for the tip on the pens and blender!! :)

Lesley said...

Oh my gosh, I love this card!

Leanne said...

OOoh this is fab!

Thank you for joining us at Charisma this week - good luck!

Hugs
Leanne
xx

Tasha said...

Fantastic card, i adore the image and great details
thank you for joining us at Chrisma Cardz
love tasha xx

Di said...

Fabulous image and card! love your colouring!! Hope your son is Ok!

Thanks for joining Colour Create

Hugs Di x

Dena said...

Super fun and hip card! I love all you did with it!
Thanks for joining Colour Create this week!
Hugs, Dena

Sally Cicada's Designs said...

What a fantastic card--I just love it! The layout is amazing and the image is so fun!! I'm sure your friend will appreciate it!!
:) Sarah